ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for naturalisation as a housewife (spouse of BC)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Katza
Newly Registered

Applying for naturalisation as a housewife (spouse of BC)

Post by Katza » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:17 am

Hi there,

I am new here and I hope someone will be able to share its experience. I will be applying for naturalisation shortly, on the basis of marriage to a british citizen. I meet all the requirements, but I am concerned about section 3 - Good character. I am currently a housewife (career break to raise the kids) and I have never worked in the UK. Looking through previous posts on this forum, I understand that I should then simply state "Housewife" at question 3.1, and leave questions 3.2-3.6 blank. That's fine. My question however is whether I should provide my husband's employement details or any other document.

Anybody here can help?

Thanks a lot!

Katza

(I have contacted the UKBA by email over two months ago (!!!), but no response so far, apart from the initial automatic reply, and 7 weeks later, an email asking whether I still wanted my question to be dealt with!!!)

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:54 am

Your husband employment details are not needed. It's OK to leave the questions empty if you don't work.

Even people who do not work, can be considered "good characters" ;-)

trs2011
- thin ice -

Post by trs2011 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:07 am

Don't worry about that , being a housewife is just perfect and besides , not having a job has nothing to do with good character , so enjoy yourself and you will soon be a BC :)

Katza
Newly Registered

Post by Katza » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:39 pm

Thanks a lot Jambo and trs2011 for your replies! I am such a worrier, I really look forward to the whole thing being over!!!

Thanks!

Katza

Katza
Newly Registered

Post by Katza » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:14 pm

Just a quick update. I had also contacted the UKBA by email with the same question. After months (!!) I have finally received a reply, and it confirmed what Jambo and trs2011 had already said. Here is a copy of the email:

"Thank you for your email regarding applying for British Citizenship.
I can confirm that the fact you are a housewife will have no bearing on your application.  Therefore on section 3.1 of the form please state your occupation as housewife and leave the rest blank."

Katza

hskhan2008

Post by hskhan2008 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:05 pm

Hi
I recently Applied BC for my Wife, but just realised that i forgot to send my Citizenship certificate and our Marriage certificate (marriage not held in UK)

Can anyone please suggest me what to do, . Is there any way to send supporting documents separately?

I have writtern my citizenship number on the document is that sufficient?
Your answer will be highly appreciated

Thanks