ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR querry two-four weeks shortfall

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ub4u
Newly Registered

ILR querry two-four weeks shortfall

Post by ub4u » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:44 pm

Hi Everyone,

First of all let me thanks everyone here for help and support this forum provided going from WP to Tier 2 and all the way to British passport, my today's query is about one of my friend who is on Tier 2,

Here is his history: WP + Tier 2
  • - Granted WP on 13 October, 2008
    - Entered UK 29 October, 2008
    - Coverted to T2 on 13, October 2009 (for less two years until 28 sep 2010)
    - Got extension on 03, Oct 2011 (again less than two years until 01 sep 2013)
    - Eligibility based on date of entry is 01 Oct 2013 (28 days before 5 years) here he has 30 days shortfall
    - Eligibilty based on date of grant is 15 Sep 2013 (28 days before 5 years) here he has 15 days shortfall
Both these short falls ocurred due to UKBA not issuing full 2 years visa 15 days short on first extension and 32 days short on 2nd extension.

Can any one advise what he should do? ... cause I remember a post some where ukba giving free extension of visa if they were not issued for the corrent length of time and people had few months short fall due to ukba error.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:36 am

Period of leave under WP / Tier 2 is dependent on "period of engagement (sponsorship)" that a sponsor certifies in the WP request / CoS.
UKBA does not grant 2/3 years leave by default.

Has the person in question been working for the same sponsor since he entered UK in 2008 as a WP migrant?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ub4u
Newly Registered

Post by ub4u » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:43 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Period of leave under WP / Tier 2 is dependent on "period of engagement (sponsorship)" that a sponsor certifies in the WP request / CoS.
UKBA does not grant 2/3 years leave by default.

Has the person in question been working for the same sponsor since he entered UK in 2008 as a WP migrant?
Sorry I should have mentioned that he is with the same employer both with WP and later on tier 2.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:16 am

That disclosure has no affect on the answer above.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!