ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self-Employed Option under new rules of HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sids
Newly Registered

Self-Employed Option under new rules of HSMP

Post by sids » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:07 pm

Dear all

Hi

I have joined the forum today. I have gone through some of the earlier mails. I have some questions about the self-employed option under the new rules of HSMP. Please ignore these if these have already been discussed.

1. It is legally allowed to work from home (provided one is paying all the taxes). Examples are IFAs, mortgage advisor. Can a person be considered self-employed if
a. he is working from home in his individual capacity?
b. he is working from home after registering a company (sole ownership or partnership) ?

2. Is it essential to have a separate office for a self-employed person under the new HSMP rules?

3. Both Trade and Services are mentioned in the rules. Will it be acceptable to HO if the business is running in loss or on break-even as normally is the case for new businesses.

regards,

Sids

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:04 pm

According to my limited knowledge, you can be self employed at your home address..............

--------------------------------------------------

fosho

Post by fosho » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:09 pm

yes you can be self employed from your home, I have been doing some work on my own as self employed during my OFF days but you need to declare your earnings as self employed as a consultant, builder, Engineer or what ever ...