ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can i apply for PR now ??

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lolooo
Newly Registered

Can i apply for PR now ??

Post by lolooo » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:35 am

hello guys
I am writing on behalf of my friend .says , i am EU citizen and have lived here continuously for 10 years , i have been working since august 2008 and still do so .., can apply now for PR ??

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:27 am

PR is an automatically conferred after five years of exercising treaty rights during an unbroken residence period in the UK. Tell your friend that he or she has not provided you with sufficient historical information about his or her circumstances for anyone to able to give an accurate assessment of their eligibility to have already obtained PR.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:45 pm

Just to add a confimration of this can be obtained by completing the EEA3 form. On the other hand if treaty rights have been exercised for a period of 6 years then you may apply for naturalisation as well if desired
Lucapooka wrote:PR is an automatically conferred after five years of exercising treaty rights during an unbroken residence period in the UK. Tell your friend that he or she has not provided you with sufficient historical information about his or her circumstances for anyone to able to give an accurate assessment of their eligibility to have already obtained PR.

lolooo
Newly Registered

Post by lolooo » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:01 pm

hey guys

i mean can he apply now for PR although he does not complete 5 years yet /?
bobobo wrote:Just to add a confimration of this can be obtained by
completing the EEA3 form. On the other hand if treaty rights have been exercised for a period of 6 years then you may apply for naturalisation as well if desired
Lucapooka wrote:PR is an automatically conferred after five years of exercising treaty rights during an unbroken residence period in the UK. Tell your friend that he or she has not provided you with sufficient historical information about his or her circumstances for anyone to able to give an accurate assessment of their eligibility to have already obtained PR.

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:14 pm

lolooo wrote:i mean can he apply now for PR although he does not complete 5 years yet /?
To get permanent residency status, one must have exercised EU treaty rights continuously for 5 years. There is no way around that. There are different ways to exercise treaty rights, though - as worker, self employed, student, etc. What has he been doing during the 10 years he lived here? As Lucapooka said, without providing us with sufficient information, we cannot give you solid answers.