ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marry (while on Workpermit), a EU Citizen NOT living in UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

appadu
Newly Registered

Marry (while on Workpermit), a EU Citizen NOT living in UK

Post by appadu » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:49 pm

Hi

I am looking for some advice either from the moderators or from other members in the forum

I am in the UK on a 2 year work permit and an Indian citizen. I am planning to marry my longtime girlfriend who is a citizen of Holland.

She lived in the UK for one year to study and went back to Holland and has been working since.

Now she is planning to move to UK and we are thinking of getting married and settling down here.

What should I do?

1. My Visa runs out by August 2007. While my company is ready to apply for my Visa again, they say that I have to go back to india and apply for work permit after I stay in India for 3 months. Is this the only option?

2. Can I ask her to move here, find a job and then apply for my EA Family card? In this case, will my employment get affected? Can I change my visa status here itself or go to India?

Please advise.

Cheers
Appadu

antontony

Post by antontony » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:50 pm

Hello,

Well, to make it short :

- if you switch from WP to non-EEA family member of EEA citizen you will have to wait for another 5 years until you get your ILR
- you can switch into a dependent of an EEA national provided she is working in the UK

It is intirely up to you.

Switching from WP to EEA dependant takes about 2-4 weeks and is done for free by IND