ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Concern about one of my monthly salary transaction.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IKhan83
Newly Registered

Concern about one of my monthly salary transaction.

Post by IKhan83 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:58 pm

Hi Members,

I will be applying for my tier 1 extension in person on 19 Dec,2012.

I have a concern regarding one of my salary transaction. My annual salary requirement is 35K. Please find the details below.

I will be showing full time and part time earnings from 3 employers for the period 1Dec,2011 to 30 Nov,2012. Salary details as shown below:

1. Employer 1: Dec,2011 to 12 Oct,2012: (Full time job)
Total Gross salary earned: 26153 GBP per anum.

2. Employer 2 15 Oct,2012 - 30 Nov, 2012 (Full time job)
Total Gross salary earned : 4355 GBP

3 Employer 3 ( 1 July, 2012 - 30 Nov 2012) Part time job
Total Gross salary earned : 5300.

Total : 35808 GBP

For Employer 3, one of the monthly salary (gross amount 1200 GBP) was debited in to my account splitted in to two transactions i.e. (248 +654.5) and also shown in the bank Statement with the Director name, not the company name, while the rest of the 4 months salary for that employer was debited into my account with the company name. Although when asked with the director of the company, he said that he has used the same company account for all the salary transactions and the reason why it was splitted into two transactions was because for this month he has increased my salary but notified the bank quite late(near the end of month). and he is not sure why the transaction is coming with the director name for this month.

I am just concerned whether this inconsistent salary transaction will cause confusion in the case worker mind ?and for some reason if it is not counted I will be just below my earning threshold which can cost my visa. Can some one advise about it?

Thanks,
Ikhan

nakvis

Post by nakvis » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:37 pm

I believe it should be fine if you can get a letter explaining these descrepencies from the Company on the company's letterhead.

IKhan83
Newly Registered

Post by IKhan83 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:07 pm

Thanks nakvis.. I will do that.

If some one else has any opinion, please share it..

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:11 pm

IKhan83 wrote:Hi Members,

I will be applying for the Tier 1 general extension in person on 19 Dec,2012. My annual salary requirement is 35k.

Earning period to show salary : (1 Dec 2011 to 30 Nov 2012)

Last month (on 15 oct) I moved to a new job and for the first salary I received from my new employer has no tax deductions , although it was liable for tax deduction.

The reason HM and Revenue has not deducted any tax is because in the absence of p45 form ,I filled the p46 form and in that form I mistakenly selected the wrong option for the present circumstance section (i.e. this is my first job since 6 April...) . Because of this HMRC might have considered the job with new employer as first since 6 April and therefore not deducted any tax. I have got the p45 form now and have sent it to my new employer and I am sure it will adjust the tax deductions in the coming months.

The question is because this is my last month of the 12 months earnings I have to show, I am worried that because of no tax deductions, it will be not counted and that will cost my visa.(I understand that the gross salary is considered for the annual earning.). Can some one advice, is there any possibility of the above and if it is then what I have to do in order to avoid that.

Thanks,
ikhan
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

IKhan83
Newly Registered

Post by IKhan83 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:57 pm

Can some one please come up with the advice for the above... Thanks..

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:48 pm

Not sure but one option might be to do a self assessment.
Contact any CA to declare you earning and pay any due taxes and get a letter from HMRC after paying your taxes.

IKhan83
Newly Registered

Post by IKhan83 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:31 pm

params0073 wrote:Not sure but one option might be to do a self assessment.
Contact any CA to declare you earning and pay any due taxes and get a letter from HMRC after paying your taxes.
Hi params0073,
But I am not self employed or company director, and its my employer who is responsible for paying taxes and therefore I don't think so I have to do self assessment or contact any CA to declare my earnings and I am sure that in the coming months HMRC will deduct taxes. My worry is because it was my last month of earning for which the tax was not deducted, will that pose question in case worker's mind for that month?

Cheers,
IKhan83