ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Possible to manage the application process from outside US?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gypsyinabigtown
Newly Registered

Possible to manage the application process from outside US?

Post by gypsyinabigtown » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:02 am

Hi everyone.

I am working for a U.S. based firm in New York under H1-B visa. I want to immigrate to Canada under Federal Skilled Worker program and transfer to my company's Canada office.

I understand that the Federal Skilled Worker application process may take around 1-1.5 years to complete.

I am currently working in a project in Asia and it may get extended. Is it realistically possible to apply in Buffalo (with all supporting documents, as it is requested from Buffalo) and manage the application from Asia? I can come back to the U.S. if my physical presence is urgently needed (such as interview, medicals etc.). I am regularly having all my business mail correspondance forwarded by courier so receiving communication from CIC would not be an issue I expect.

Are there any difficulties that you imagine would occur because I would not physically be in New York during the time the application is in processing?

Thanks a lot to everyone for your help.