ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Medicals (PLZ HELP ME)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kanth79
Newly Registered

HSMP Medicals (PLZ HELP ME)

Post by kanth79 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:53 am

Hi All,

Can any one in this forum will clarify my query regarding HSMP Medical check up??

1) do we need to carry chest X-ray (for TB) along with us??

Because i was told at port of entry they willmake us to wait and asks us to undergo medical checkup if we dont carry X-ray with us. Is this true??

2) Apart from X-ray what all the checkup that we need to take along with us??

Please let me know as i am moving to UK in a short period.

ITS URGENT.

CAN SOME ONE IN THIS GROUP CLARIFY THIS?? I ALREADY POSTED THE
SAME QUESTION THRICE. BUT I DIDNT GET ANY REPLY.

Regards,
Kanth

Markie

Post by Markie » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:02 pm

Hi,

if you can bring your latest chest x-rays...that will be great as it will lessen your time waiting at the border control center at the airport. All incoming visitors that will stay for more than 6mos are required to have chest xrays at the point of entry.

inso

Post by inso » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:07 pm

Yup, when we entered two days ago, they sent us to the clinic at Heathrow for X-Rays. It was very quick (probably 10-15 minutes total) to get me and my wife processed (granted, there was no-one else waiting for processing in the clinic), and then we passed through immigration immediately afterwards. It was free, whereas we would've paid a nice sum for having had it taken at home. And then, even if you have your own set, it would still need to be assessed at the clinic -- the nurse there asked whether we have our own set.

So, all in all, don't worry about it. If they send you to be X-Rayed (seems quite likely), you will have to wait around in any case, depending on how long the queue there is.