ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unique Taxpayer Reference required?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

therock
Member of Standing

Unique Taxpayer Reference required?

Post by therock » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:38 pm

My visa expires 19 December 2012, and I am going to register my company with Company house today. My concern is, is the Unique Taxpayer Reference required to be sent to HO with my application? If yes, I doubt if I will be able to get this UTR as its sent within 4 weeks of registering company.

Please help.

Thanks!

Jabs

Post by Jabs » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:06 pm

It is very common to receive a letter with UTR in 10 working days. However, I did mention in my other post that it could take anything up to 4 weeks.

Register your company online tomorrow morning or even this evening and most likely the company will be registered by tomorrow afternoon and it is very likely you will receive a letter with UTR by end of November.

Even if you gave HMRC 4 weeks then you still have ample time.

I hope this helps.

therock
Member of Standing

Post by therock » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:07 pm

Hi Jabs!! Thanks for the help! Really appreciate your help.

smehmood
BANNED

Re: Unique Taxpayer Reference required?

Post by smehmood » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:02 pm

therock wrote:My visa expires 19 December 2012, and I am going to register my company with Company house today. My concern is, is the Unique Taxpayer Reference required to be sent to HO with my application? If yes, I doubt if I will be able to get this UTR as its sent within 4 weeks of registering company.

Please help.

Thanks!
Hi

You do,nt need any UTR no. Just get print out of your company registration & current appointment report from company house website.

Good Luck
Shaukat

Jabs

Post by Jabs » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:50 pm

smehmood is right this is not needed for the initial application but I would urge to that extra step to give UKBA a bonafide impression of your undertaking as an entrepreneur. However, you may proceed how you see fit, further information below if it helps.

I refer to point 106 in the Policy Guidance (Money Already Invested)

I assume the questioner will register a limited company. If yes, then
the business must be registered for taxation. Having a company registered for taxation indicates to HMRC the company is active and trading.

When collating documents for submission to UKBA - one should make sure all corners are covered and scrutinise your own application.

Below I have taken excerpts from page 20 (point 106 starts from page 19)

Business must be registered
for corporation tax with HM
Revenue & Customs. You must
supply either:

a) a copy of form CT41G from
HM Revenue & Customs

This must be completed and
show the date of registration
of the company with HM
Revenue & Customs and the
HM Revenue & Customs unique
reference number; or

b) a completed HM Revenue &
Customs tax return document
showing the tax reference
number for the company. This
can be either the company short
return form or the company tax
return form. If the reporting is
done online you should provide
a printout of the form.
Last edited by Jabs on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

suvalike
Member of Standing

Post by suvalike » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:11 pm

Jabs wrote:I refer to point 106 in the Policy Guidance.

the business must be registered for taxation. Having a company registered for taxation indicates to HMRC the company is active and trading.

When collating documents for submission to UKBA - one should make sure all corners are covered and scrutinise your own application.

supply either:

HM Revenue & Customs

of the company with HM
reference number; or

a printout of the form.
I dnt think we need any HMRC form for the initial application when you have not yet invested in the business.

I am referring to para 46-SD of the following doc.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixa/

Jabs

Post by Jabs » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:18 pm

suvalike - Thanks for the correction.

tinafeb20
Newly Registered

Post by tinafeb20 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:23 am

therock wrote:My visa expires 19 December 2012, and I am going to register my company with Company house today. My concern is, is the Unique Taxpayer Reference required to be sent to HO with my application? If yes, I doubt if I will be able to get this UTR as its sent within 4 weeks of registering company.

Please help.

Thanks!
company welcome letter will do .........I hope UTR is not necessary in the case of company..........it is required in the case of self-employed.

smehmood
BANNED

Post by smehmood » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:55 am

Jabs wrote:smehmood is right this is not needed for the initial application but I would urge to that extra step to give UKBA a bonafide impression of your undertaking as an entrepreneur. However, you may proceed how you see fit, further information below if it helps.

I refer to point 106 in the Policy Guidance (Money Already Invested)

supply either:

HM Revenue & Customs

of the company with HM
reference number; or

a printout of the form.

hi

if you are planning to show that you have invested money then you need to show above documents. i will never win the argument so .......
anyhow I have received 10 successful cases till now. none of them used above docs.

good luck
Shaukat

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:23 pm

smehmood wrote:

Please help.

Thanks!
Hi

You do,nt need any UTR no. Just get print out of your company registration & current appointment report from company house website.

Good Luck
Smehmood, can you please highlight by giving reference to policy guidance where it is mentioned that registration with HMRC is not required for initial application by PSW holder.

As for as my understanding of the guideline is concerned, to show that it is a UK business after registering a ltd company, applicant would also need a UTR (in the form of CT41G) and business bank account statement to send with his application.

Have you applied any case and got it approved where applicant did not provide company bank account statement and CT41G?

Would you also please share the timelines of 20 cases you have sent to UKBA? It will be helpful to other forum members who are awaiting decisions.

smehmood
BANNED

Post by smehmood » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:45 pm

rizwan567 wrote:
smehmood wrote:

Please help.

Thanks!
Hi

Good Luck
Smehmood, can you please highlight by giving reference to policy guidance where it is mentioned that registration with HMRC is not required for initial application by PSW holder.

As for as my understanding of the guideline is concerned, to show that it is a UK business after registering a ltd company, applicant would also need a UTR (in the form of CT41G) and business bank account statement to send with his application.

Have you applied any case and got it approved where applicant did not provide company bank account statement and CT41G?

Would you also please share the timelines of 20 cases you have sent to UKBA? It will be helpful to other forum members who are awaiting decisions.
Hi

1.Read the question & Answer which you have Quote and analyse the difference b/w your question and the quote. This is task for you.

2. I can,not win the arguments with you. but the information i have provided is correct. if you believe it then fine otherwise please seek advise from a trusted Solicitor.

3. I have few successful cases one of them is my cousin.

4. i do,nt have time to go through to put a time line of each applicant. however i shared few of them.

Life is Hard
Shaukat

suvalike
Member of Standing

Post by suvalike » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:54 pm

smehmood wrote:
rizwan567 wrote:
smehmood wrote:

Please help.

Thanks!
Hi

Good Luck

Hi

1.Read the question & Answer which you have Quote and analyse the difference b/w your question and the quote. This is task for you.

2. I can,not win the arguments with you. but the information i have provided is correct. if you believe it then fine otherwise please seek advise from a trusted Solicitor.

3. I have few successful cases one of them is my cousin.

4. i do,nt have time to go through to put a time line of each applicant. however i shared few of them.

Life is Hard
I dnt think we need any HMRC form for the initial application when you have not yet invested in the business.

Have a look and you will get the point which i am referring to.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:55 pm

Smehmood, Yes I agree that 80+ percent of the information you are giving is correct but not 100%.

And on discussion boards when some one challenge the information given then you need to clarify your position by giving arguments or quoting the references (where appropriate). If you can not quote the reference from the policy guidance (which caseworkers use to assess the case) then information given by you can not be trusted.

Ref para 106, If PSW holder taking advantage of 50k investment category then he must give the evidence that it is a UK business:

If sole trader/self employed:
1. HMRC letter confirming business address
2. Business bank statement or personal bank statements confirming business payments coming in and going out
3. NI bill or bank statement confirming NI payment going out or welcome letter

If director of ltd company:
1. Business bank statement
2. Copy of completed form CT41G
3. Director appointment report.

suvalike
Member of Standing

Post by suvalike » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:26 pm

rizwan567 wrote:Smehmood, Yes I agree that 80+ percent of the information you are giving is correct but not 100%.

And on discussion boards when some one challenge the information given then you need to clarify your position by giving arguments or quoting the references (where appropriate). If you can not quote the reference from the policy guidance (which caseworkers use to assess the case) then information given by you can not be trusted.

Ref para 106, If PSW holder taking advantage of 50k investment category then he must give the evidence that it is a UK business:

2. Business bank statement or personal bank statements confirming business payments coming in and going out

I think you did not check the link which i provided earlier.

Smehmood is 100 % right.

please check this for your satisfication.

Have a look and you will get the point which i am referring to.

smehmood
BANNED

Post by smehmood » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:20 pm

rizwan567 wrote:Smehmood, Yes I agree that 80+ percent of the information you are giving is correct but not 100%.

Hi

I have,nt challenged anyone, any how the ref you r quoting is for Extension or if the funds are already invested.
2. so according to you my 80% info is correct , if thats the case then why 10 peoples got visas. i am sure now u will ask me to provide proof. which is protected by data protection act.
Shaukat

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:23 am

fine..

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:01 pm

therock wrote:Hi,

I am currently on PSW, my visa expires in december, I will be applying from the UK. I have got two third party statements (£30k + £20k). My question is, is this allowed in the rules to have more than 1 third party statement.

Help will be much appreciated!!

Thanks
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

smehmood
BANNED

Post by smehmood » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:51 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
therock wrote:Hi,

I am currently on PSW, my visa expires in december, I will be applying from the UK. I have got two third party statements (£30k + £20k). My question is, is this allowed in the rules to have more than 1 third party statement.

Help will be much appreciated!!

Thanks
hi

Yup, but you have to fulfill the other legal requirments.
Shaukat

DangerousWolf

Post by DangerousWolf » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:37 am

Hi All,

I think the best approach would be to start filling application form. Application form is designed for all types of applicants, but it redirects sections quite well depending upon case.

I've recently applied for my VISA. Doing PSW -> Entrepreneur route. I was confuse as well and did lot of surfing on this forum, which helped me. But things comes up at the time of filling application form kind of cross verified everything. Apart from 'Company Appointment report', I don't think there is anything required unless you want to show that you've already invested money in.

Hope this helps.