ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN-Application filling queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

liene
Newly Registered

AN-Application filling queries

Post by liene » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:18 pm

Hi!

I am applying for a British passport. At the moment I hold EU passport. For the last 6 years I traveled around EU on a number of occasions (definitely not exceeding the limit, not spending more than 5 weeks in total per year abroad) and I struggle to remember the exact dates of departure and arrival (since my passport wasn't stamped).

-How important the exact dates are? and how can it effect my application?

- How should I present it in my application form? e.g. should I just write the random dates or leave the date blank and only fill in the month?

Your help much appreciated.
Thank you,

Regards,

Elena

aledeniz
United Kingdom

Re: AN-Application filling queries

Post by aledeniz » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:50 am

liene wrote:I struggle to remember the exact dates of departure and arrival (since my passport wasn't stamped).
If you are an employee, you may try my approach, described here.
liene wrote:-How important the exact dates are? and how can it effect my application?

- How should I present it in my application form? e.g. should I just write the random dates or leave the date blank and only fill in the month?
I wouldn't write random dates in the AN form. I think it is definitively a bad idea.

Have you tried asking the UKBA? If you give them the numbers of all the passports and the IDs you have used in the last few years, they should be able to provide you with the list, which should report at very least all your appearances at ports of entry. For the exact procedure to ask them that, you may have to Google around I am afraid.