ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US Visa - British Passport

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rentmeda

US Visa - British Passport

Post by rentmeda » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:24 am

Hi All,

We applied for visitor visa after getting ILR in UK last June. Visa refused saying we do not have enough ties to this country even after spending 10 yrs in UK.

This year got British Passport and applied for ESTA online and answered yes to the question
Have you ever been refused a US Visa.
Checked and found that it has not been approved and asked to apply for visa at Embassy.

Has anyone encountered such a case. Do I have to keep on applying for Visa every time I want to travel to US?

Thanks.

jagacharaja

Post by jagacharaja » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:56 pm

An ESTA refusal means that you will need to have a valid visa before travelling to the US.

mak_uk
Newly Registered

Re: US Visa - British Passport

Post by mak_uk » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:53 am

rentmeda wrote:Hi All,

We applied for visitor visa after getting ILR in UK last June. Visa refused saying we do not have enough ties to this country even after spending 10 yrs in UK.

lolz it is kind of joke. when they dont want to give u visa then they can give u such a stupid reasions
Has anyone encountered such a case. Do I have to keep on applying for Visa every time I want to travel to US?

Thanks.

dont warry hopefull in next year u will get ur british passport and the u will be able to traval visa free

December31

Post by December31 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:24 pm

once a us visa is rejected in the past....you need to apply for US visa even after getting british passport..