ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 PSW to Tier 2 General Application Query - Please help

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kalyan2305
Newly Registered

Tier 1 PSW to Tier 2 General Application Query - Please help

Post by Kalyan2305 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:00 pm

Hi there,

This is Kalyan.

I am switching from Tier 1 Post Study Work to Tier 2 General.

I have an appointment at Croydon PEO for Premium service this Friday and I was trying to submit my Tier 2 General application online and was stuck with the queries below.

Please help me with the queries -

1. According to Tier 2 Guidance, as I am switching from Tier 1 Post Study Work, I am not needed to submit any proof of my employment as the COS allocated by my sponsoring company states everything about my employment.

But when I fill in all the details and am taken to the documents to be submitted section, I am asked to bring my payslips or bank statements as a proof of my employment. And it is saying that it is mandatory to bring atleast one of them.

Can I select the answers 'No' for all the options provided as the proof of employment?

Please help as I don't want any problems at the PEO.

Or alternatively can I fill in a paper application and take it along with me to the home office? Is it mandatory to fill in the online application for an appointment at home office?

2. For the English Language test -

There is no Tier 1 PSW in the list of options for 'Already passed due to previous grant of Leave'.

Do I have to take my original Masters Certificate for this purpose?

Please help.

Thanks a lot for your help and support. I apologise for having to go through such a long post.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Cheers,

Kalyan.

Kalyan2305
Newly Registered

Somebody Please help

Post by Kalyan2305 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:15 pm

Hi all,

Somebody please help me regarding my above issue.

I need to complete all my arrangements today.

Please help.

Thanks a lot in advance

Kalyan2305
Newly Registered

Anyone Please !!!

Post by Kalyan2305 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:05 pm

Anyone Please !!!

Thank you

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:51 pm

It is not mandatory to apply online, you can complete the paper application form and take it with you to the PEO: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... nform1.pdf

You presumably ticked the PSW box as your current immigration status on the online application. As a matter of interest, did it still ask for payslips, etc. to be submitted as proof of employment?

Your CoS only has details of the employment that has been offered to you, not your present or past employment You don't even have to work for the same company as the one that assigned the CoS. I don't think present/past payslips are needed, but to be 100% sure ring the immigration enquiry bureau (0870 606 7766) to confirm this, making a note of the name of the person you speak to (all calls are recorded). There is no harm taking them with you (originals), just in any case the caseworker asks to see them.

You have to score 10 points for English. There are various ways of doing this but if you hold a degree that was taught in English and is equivalent to a UK bachelor's degree or above that is one of the ways. Take your original degree certificate wiith you.

Kalyan2305
Newly Registered

Thanks a lot for your reply manci

Post by Kalyan2305 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:20 pm

Yes, I selected the option of PSW and did not ask me anything about my employment except for the COS reference. But at the end after reaching the documents to be submitted, it was asking me for the proof of employment.

If it is not mandatory to fill online application, then I would prefer to go with a paper application as it doesn't behave as weird as the online one does.

And I will even double confirm this with the home office helpline if at all somebody answers me.

And I will take my degree certificate with me.

I will update here once I speak to the UKBA people.

Thanks a lot for your reply and time.

Thanks a ton to this forum for not letting me down whenever I have something to clarify.

Cheers

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Thanks a lot for your reply manci

Post by manci » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:41 pm

Kalyan2305 wrote:Yes, I selected the option of PSW and did not ask me anything about my employment except for the COS reference. But at the end after reaching the documents to be submitted, it was asking me for the proof of employment.

If it is not mandatory to fill online application, then I would prefer to go with a paper application as it doesn't behave as weird as the online one does.

And I will even double confirm this with the home office helpline if at all somebody answers me. What needs confirming is whether proof of current employment is needed or not (payslips, bank statements, etc). You can definitely apply at the PEO with the paper application form

And I will take my degree certificate with me.

I will update here once I speak to the UKBA people.

Thanks a lot for your reply and time.

Thanks a ton to this forum for not letting me down whenever I have something to clarify.

Cheers

Kalyan2305
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by Kalyan2305 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:23 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply manci.

I will update once I get the need information from the home office.

Cheers

karthiktr

Refadring SOC code

Post by karthiktr » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:21 pm

Hi manci ,

I am very muc hpuzzled about the SOC code. In tier 2 General application, I have'nt found anywhere about the SOC code option. So where does this SOC code really works and at what stage?.
And another question what will happen if the SOC code not matches our current salary, because i am n a kind of situation like that.
I am n PSW moving to TIER 2 Sponsor.
Please help me out manci.
thank you.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Refadring SOC code

Post by manci » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:33 pm

karthiktr wrote:Hi manci ,

I am very muc hpuzzled about the SOC code. In tier 2 General application, I have'nt found anywhere about the SOC code option. So where does this SOC code really works and at what stage?.
The SOC code and salary are given in the CoS by the sponsor. You have to complete M13 in the application form.i

M11. Gross annual salary (not including
allowances)
You must give your gross annual salary (salary
before tax) in pounds sterling.
Your sponsor must also put your salary on your
Certificate of Sponsorship. The salary you give
here must match the one on the Certificate of
Sponsorship.

And another question what will happen if the SOC code not matches our current salary, because i am n a kind of situation like that. It is the employer's responsibility to put the correct SOC code, job description and salary in the CoS. If they don't match the CoS will be iinvalid. The CoS will be checked by UKBA

thank you.

karthiktr

Post by karthiktr » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:49 pm

manci wrote:
karthiktr wrote:Hi manci ,

The SOC code and salary are given in the CoS by the sponsor. You have to complete M13 in the application form.i

M11. Gross annual salary (not including
allowances)
You must give your gross annual salary (salary
before tax) in pounds sterling.
Your sponsor must also put your salary on your
Certificate of Sponsorship. The salary you give
here must match the one on the Certificate of
Sponsorship.

And another question what will happen if the SOC code not matches our current salary, because i am n a kind of situation like that. It is the employer's responsibility to put the correct SOC code, job description and salary in the CoS. If they don't match the CoS will be iinvalid. The CoS will be checked by UKBA

thank you.

Very Very thanks for your reply manci.
I would like to ask one more thing. My visa getting expired on 30th of nov. Still our company have/nt issued the sponsor license stil. My company is making urgent request tomorrow so hopefully ill sort it i think. My question is as we got 28 days overstay after 30th of nov, so can i able to continue my work in my company. Whether it will cause any issues for my company or any problems for me.

Many thanks.

Kalyan2305
Newly Registered

Update about the actual query of the thread...

Post by Kalyan2305 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:16 pm

Hi all,

Wanted to update here about my query.

I dropped a mail to Home Office about the same query and they came back with the below -

"Dear Kalyan

Thank you for your email of 14/11/2012.

We have contacted our colleagues in PEO Croydon for clarification and the advice they gave us is:

“The applicant is correct in saying that Tier 1 Post Study migrants switching into Tier 2 General are not required to submit the evidence of their employment (pay slips and/or bank statements) as per the current rules. So the applicant can select “No” to these questions. However, the applicant has to submit bank statements in evidence of meeting the maintenance requirement, if it is not certified by A rated sponsor.”

May we add that applicants have the option to submit a paper application (by post or in person) as it is not mandatory that Tier 2 applicants submit on-line applications only.

We hope this can be of assistance.

Regards,
Apply Online E-Support Team"

The above mail clarifies everything I wanted.

But the problem with online submission is that when you try to submit the application, it asks you to select the type of service and when I selected the Premium service(In my case), It took me to a page asking to book an appointment even though I had an appointment in my account.

But the system was not picking the appointment that was already in my account and subsequently I was not able to make the payment and submit my application.

I had to fill in a paper application.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Kalyan.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:34 pm

karthiktr wrote:I would like to ask one more thing. My visa getting expired on 30th of nov. Still our company have/nt issued the sponsor license stil. My company is making urgent request tomorrow so hopefully ill sort it i think. How does this situation square with your appointment at PEO Croydon tomorrow?

My question is as we got 28 days overstay after 30th of nov, so can i able to continue my work in my company. Whether it will cause any issues for my company or any problems for me.

Kalyan2305
Newly Registered

Bit of Confusion here

Post by Kalyan2305 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:16 pm

Nope its me who has got the appointment but not Mr.Karthik.

Cheers

karthiktr

Post by karthiktr » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:23 pm

manci wrote:
karthiktr wrote:I would like to ask one more thing. My visa getting expired on 30th of nov. Still our company have/nt issued the sponsor license stil. My company is making urgent request tomorrow so hopefully ill sort it i think. How does this situation square with your appointment at PEO Croydon tomorrow?

My question is as we got 28 days overstay after 30th of nov, so can i able to continue my work in my company. Whether it will cause any issues for my company or any problems for me.
Hi Manci,
I hope you misunderstood, the above reply in this post is for Mr.Kalyan.

My question is as we got 28 days overstay after 30th of nov, so can i able to continue my work in my company. Whether it will cause any issues for my company or any problems for me.[/quote][/quote]

Waiting for your reply manci

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:59 pm

karthiktr wrote:My question is as we got 28 days overstay after 30th of nov, so can i able to continue my work in my company. Whether it will cause any issues for my company or any problems for me
Legally you cannot continue working after expiry of your leave (unless you applied for an extension beforehand.)

Furthermore, if you apply in the 28 day period after the expiry of your visa you will not be able to work until your application is approved by UKBA.

You should apply before the expiry of your visa

karthiktr

Post by karthiktr » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:29 am

manci wrote:
karthiktr wrote:My question is as we got 28 days overstay after 30th of nov, so can i able to continue my work in my company. Whether it will cause any issues for my company or any problems for me
Legally you cannot continue working after expiry of your leave (unless you applied for an extension beforehand.)

Furthermore, if you apply in the 28 day period after the expiry of your visa you will not be able to work until your application is approved by UKBA.

Hi manci,
I got one doubt. Whether our job should come under NQF 6 or NQF 4 or NQF 3. Because my job description which matches SOC code it comes under NQF 3. Or it does'nt matter it can be any of the three.

With regards,
Karthik

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:49 am

karthiktr wrote:
manci wrote:
Legally you cannot continue working after expiry of your leave (unless you applied for an extension beforehand which is not possible in the T1 PSW category.)

Hi manci,
I got one doubt. Whether our job should come under NQF 6 or NQF 4 or NQF 3. Because my job description which matches SOC code it comes under NQF 3. Or it does'nt matter it can be any of the three.
The job must be level NQF6 (unless in the creative sector or a shortage occupation). See the T2 policy guidance para 63.

karthiktr

Post by karthiktr » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:48 am

manci wrote:
karthiktr wrote:
manci wrote:
Legally you cannot continue working after expiry of your leave (unless you applied for an extension beforehand which is not possible in the T1 PSW category.)

Hi manci,
The job must be level NQF6 (unless in the creative sector or a shortage occupation). See the T2 policy guidance para 63.
Hi Manci,
So i am in PSW now moving to TIER 2. So i will be applying under NQF 3 right. Because in the rule it says from 14th june 2012 applicant under tier 2 general or tier 2 intra company transfer must have an offer of a job at or above NQF 6 if they are applying from abroad.
Becasue all the SOC code list comes under shortage occupation list.
Please clear my doubt.
Sorry if i am misunderstood.

with regards,
Karthik

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:45 pm

karthiktr wrote:Sorry if i am misunderstood.
it is unclear what you are saying/asking

karthiktr

Post by karthiktr » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:02 pm

manci wrote:
Sorry.
K what will happen if i use the SOC code 3113 which comes under NQF 3, will my application rejected. Because this is the SOC code it matches my salary and exactly matches my job description.
Difference between NQF6 and NQF3?

Many thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:51 pm

karthiktr wrote:
manci wrote:
Sorry.
K what will happen if i use the SOC code 3113 which comes under NQF 3, will my application rejected yes. Because this is the SOC code it matches my salary and exactly matches my job description.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

mishtiaq
Newly Registered

Re: Update about the actual query of the thread...

Post by mishtiaq » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Hi Kalyan,

Thanks for this post

1- How come you got premium appointment before you submit your tier 2 application online? I heard you can't book it even though i tried to book an appointment couple of days but then message pop-up, first submit application.

2- are you applying under psw provision? yes/no?

What were you selecting when you were filling online application yes or no, since paper application doesn't have this option?

Thanks Manci and Kalyan, will wait reply
Kalyan2305 wrote:Hi all,

Wanted to update here about my query.

I dropped a mail to Home Office about the same query and they came back with the below -

"Dear Kalyan

Thank you for your email of 14/11/2012.

We have contacted our colleagues in PEO Croydon for clarification and the advice they gave us is:

“The applicant is correct in saying that Tier 1 Post Study migrants switching into Tier 2 General are not required to submit the evidence of their employment (pay slips and/or bank statements) as per the current rules. So the applicant can select “No” to these questions. However, the applicant has to submit bank statements in evidence of meeting the maintenance requirement, if it is not certified by A rated sponsor.”

May we add that applicants have the option to submit a paper application (by post or in person) as it is not mandatory that Tier 2 applicants submit on-line applications only.

We hope this can be of assistance.

Regards,
Apply Online E-Support Team"

The above mail clarifies everything I wanted.

But the problem with online submission is that when you try to submit the application, it asks you to select the type of service and when I selected the Premium service(In my case), It took me to a page asking to book an appointment even though I had an appointment in my account.

But the system was not picking the appointment that was already in my account and subsequently I was not able to make the payment and submit my application.

I had to fill in a paper application.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Kalyan.

karthiktr

Post by karthiktr » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:53 pm

manci wrote:
karthiktr wrote:
manci wrote:
Sorry.
K what will happen if i use the SOC code 3113 which comes under NQF 3, will my application rejected yes. Because this is the SOC code it matches my salary and exactly matches my job description.

Hi manci,
One good news today. Our company name appeared on the sponsor list today. Our company HR requested COS when he making an online application for license. We granted the license today and will get to know how many COS allocated by monday. I want to know whether these COS allocations will be restricted or unrestricted. I will come under unrestricted COS only right??.
Please give me the reply!!!
With regards,
Karthik

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:06 pm

karthiktr wrote:,
One good news today. Our company name appeared on the sponsor list today. Our company HR requested COS when he making an online application for license. We granted the license today and will get to know how many COS allocated by monday. I want to know whether these COS allocations will be restricted or unrestricted. I will come under unrestricted COS only right??.
Please give me the reply!!! you need an unrestricted CoS but the job has to be NQF6 with appropriate salary

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:17 pm

karthiktr wrote:
manci wrote:
karthiktr wrote:
manci wrote: it is unclear what you are saying/asking
Sorry.

Hi manci,
Please give me the reply!!!
With regards,
Karthik
Could you please tell us when did your company apply ? Did you put any urgent request >