ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Chances in DLR application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

livinginuk64
Newly Registered

Chances in DLR application

Post by livinginuk64 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:04 pm

Hi there,

I have a big problem and I really appreciate any honest advice, I apologize for a long post but I think best way is to tell you the whole story to get proper advice:

I am an overstayer by over 9 years, I came to england on a tourist visa back in 2003 with acceptance in university and with intentions of staying for study but instead of doing the right thing and apply for a student visa from my home country and then coming to england I made a stupid mistake of coming with my tourist visa which was expiring soon. I was only 17 at the time and very naive.

As soon as I got to england my uncle told me to send Home Office all my documents so to get a student visa but he never helped me as to what documents to send and what I sent got returned with saying that my application was invalid, I went to university and enrolled as an overseas student and they never asked for my visa or passport, anyways I finished my degree and then worked for my uncle and have been living in this country for all this time, about 2.5 years ago I met my boyfriend and we are still together. At the time I was hoping to apply for the 14 year rule and get a legal status but with the recent change of laws I cannot.

My parents are moving for settlement to Canada soon, their application is being finalised. One of my sisters lives in Canada and the other one is in iran and she has a family of her own (husband and daughter) I really have no where to go if I go back to my country.

Could I apply for DLR and what are my chances of getting accepted? What is my best option?

I know my initial intentions were wrong and I wish I had never done what I did but is there a way for a second chance for me?

Thank you