ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No tax deducted for my last month salary

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IKhan83
Newly Registered

No tax deducted for my last month salary

Post by IKhan83 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:04 pm

Hi Members,

I will be applying for the Tier 1 general extension in person on 19 Dec,2012. My annual salary requirement is 35k.

Earning period to show salary : (1 Dec 2011 to 30 Nov 2012)

Last month (on 15 oct) I moved to a new job and for the first salary I received from my new employer has no tax deductions , although it was liable for tax deduction.

The reason HM and Revenue has not deducted any tax is because in the absence of p45 form ,I filled the p46 form and in that form I mistakenly selected the wrong option for the present circumstance section (i.e. this is my first job since 6 April...) . Because of this HMRC might have considered the job with new employer as first since 6 April and therefore not deducted any tax. I have got the p45 form now and have sent it to my new employer and I am sure it will adjust the tax deductions in the coming months.

The question is because this is my last month of the 12 months earnings I have to show, I am worried that because of no tax deductions, it will be not counted and that will cost my visa.(I understand that the gross salary is considered for the annual earning.). Can some one advice, is there any possibility of the above and if it is then what I have to do in order to avoid that.

Thanks,
ikhan

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:10 pm

Please continue in the existing topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!