ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got Divorced and Re Married Help Required Plz !!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Annonymous

Got Divorced and Re Married Help Required Plz !!!

Post by Annonymous » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:25 pm

I am from Pakistan and I use to be on WP and I recently got my ILR nearly 4 months ago unfortunately I got separated from my wife nearly an year ago who was also from Pak and she's here on my dependant visa which was a WP dependant as I never ever applied for her ILR as we got separated and then divorced. Finally we got Divorced and I got the divorce certificate from the Pakistan High Court.

I've read a little but about the procedure on the UKBA website that I've to post that divorce certificate to their mentioned address.

I just want the help that I got remarried in Pakistan again so what's the procedure for me if I want to apply for my new wifes visa.

All the Gurus and Moderators this is a humble request please help me and reply to my querry if you've ever come accross any case like mine in your experience.

Many thanks and desperately waiting for your replies.

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:29 am

Okay first things first.

You need to let the UKBA know about your existing Marriage:

- Notify UKBA about your divorce
- I would suggest that you send them a certified copy of your divorce certificate
- It is the UKBA who will decide what they need to do with your partner's VISA, you do not have anything further to do

Once you have notified UKBA, you can sponsor your wife.

- With the application you will need to submit a certified copy of your divorce documents (certificate etc)
- You will need to show that you were re-married after your divorced was legally granted i.e. Marriage date is after the divorce date

The above is only regarding the outline of how this should be looked at, so you need to assemble all relevant documents to the immigration rules currently applied i.e. financial requirement, acomodation requirement etc..

Hope this helps.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

Annonymous

Post by Annonymous » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:54 pm

Hi

Many many thanks for your prompt reply harv.

I've read on the UKBA website the link is given below

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ship-ends/

What I've understood after reading from the link is that I just have to notify them regarding my divorce and your reply is totally adding up in my mind as well cause you're asking me to do the same thing. So I'll update them first and then will apply for my new wifes visa.

Many thanks any more replies will be more and more helpful.

Many thanks.

Annonymous

Post by Annonymous » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:22 pm

Hi

I've posted my divorce certificate issued by the Pakistan Family court to the UKBA along with a covering letter and also requested them to send me an acknowledgement of my divorce certificate so that I can apply my new wifes visa from Pakistan I've posted the divorce certificate via Royal Mail Special recorded delivery on the 28th November 2012 but to my surprise I haven't recieved any acknowledgement letter from the UKBA.

Can any one advice me please what other step I've to take now.

Will I be able to apply for my new wifes visa without getting the acknowledgement letter from the UKBA regarding my divorce.

The divorce certificate issued to me from Pakistan family court has just got my signature on it as the judge told me that my wifes signature is not necessary on them and I've registered that certificate in Pakistan with the local government.

Please help me your replies will be much appreciated.

Franko

Post by Franko » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:16 pm

Ignore wrong info.

equitydealer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by equitydealer » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:56 pm

If you're looking to sponsor a future spouse to the UK ensure you have followed the guidelines set by the UKBA on overseas divorces which are recognised under UK law

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... set/set13/

If you write to the UKBA referencing your previous letter you should get a response. These guys need chasing unfortunately. It will be useful to include a UKBA response in a future spouse visa application but it's not essential, you can just include the letter you sent along with the royal mail tracking number as proof.

Annonymous

Post by Annonymous » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:02 pm

Hi
@equitydealer many thanks for your prompt reply.

I did have followed equitydealer instructions till today but this means that I have to chase UKBA to get an acknowledgement letter for my divorce information.
It will be useful to include a UKBA response in a future spouse visa application but it's not essential, you can just include the letter you sent along with the royal mail tracking number as proof.
That's exactly what I am thinking as well it really sounds right to me as well.

I've read the information provided on the link by UKBA as provided by equitydealer I think the divorce certificate issued to me from Pakistan is accepted by UKBA.

My new question is that what documents do I require to apply my new wifes visa from Pakistan.

To the best of my knowledge the documents I've used last time to apply my X wifes visa from Pakistan were

6 Months banks statements and payslips.
Employement letter confirming my salary and my designation.
Rental Agreement and my house planning letter.
My Nikkah Nama in English
Wedding pictures.

Offcourse when I applied for my X wifes visa back in 2010 there were no requirements for any English test.

I am really getting worried if I need any more documents to apply for my new wifes visa application from Pakistan as I was expecting an acknowledgement letter from the UKBA for my divorce information so that I can attach it with my new wifes visa application.

Many thanks and waiting for your useful replies.

In end many thanks to equitydealer.

equitydealer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by equitydealer » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:57 pm

Definately chase UKBA for an acknowledgement, but as I said I don't believe it's essential. Send them another recorded letter and keep that tracking number as proof as well. There's nothing much else you can do after that
:D They should respond within 20 days.

For your new application this page has the info you need, http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... spouse-cp/

If you want to read detailed info look at the links on the right hand side of the page.

In your list below add any communications you've had with your spouse, Skype, texts etc to show that your marriage is subsisting. You need an English test certificate, employment letter must state that its a permanent post, make sure your salary payments match exactly with the corresponding credit entries on your bank statement (needs to be £18,600 p/a or above) and that your nikka nama is registered with the union council. Good luck!

Annonymous

Post by Annonymous » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:46 pm

Hi

equitydealer Many thanks for your extremely prompt reply again.

Can you please tell me which english language test my wife has to take she has already done her preparations for IELTS but I heard there's another test called A1 or shall I just ask my wife to give IELTS or A1 test or TOEIC test God knows how many more are there.

Well more precisely I am from Karachi Pakistan so do you know any institute which can take this A1 test I heard that its a bit eaisier than IELTS dont know what's true and what's false cause I my self has never ever gone through these kind of exams for my self in the recent times.

Right the other thing I wanted to know is that which kind of visa application form she has to fill in is the normal VAF form or some thing like that.

The most important bit is the fee
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... angname=UK English#resultTableAnchor

Please correct me if I am wrong the application fee is Rs.136,300 which just sounds extortiante to me which is the fee for the Spouse of a Settled Person. Is this is the right fee.

Right regarding your advice for sharing Skype chats I'll try to do that but its just the fact that most of the time we have our converstaion done on Skype voice rather than doing chatting but any ways thanks a lot for your precious advice I'll definitely try to work on that as well.

One more important thing I would like to ask here is that God Forbid if I dont recieve the acknowledgement letter from UKBA regarding my divorce do I have to mention this thing at the time of my new wifes visa application I mean by writing a covering letter or some thing like that also providing them the proof of the Royal Mail Postage Reciept.

I'll surely chase UKBA again as I've posted the letter on the 28th of November 2012 I think its the right time to chase them up by sending them another letter with the same kind of next day special delivery postage.

Many thanks and waiting for your reply.

Annonymous

Post by Annonymous » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:15 pm

Hi

Please any more replies. Please moderators please help any more replies on my post.

Many thanks.

Drsadafrizwan
Newly Registered

Post by Drsadafrizwan » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:12 pm

Well my case was quite similar to yours but I didn't inform Ukba about my divorce before submitting my visa application ... I submit my divorce and all other documents with the spouse visa application n Allhumdullilah I got it granted ... Jus make sure u include every document that proves your marriage to b real n not subsisting ... Take screen shot of all your skype history , emails that u exchanged, call history , watsapp , viber , pictures of u two together , wedding pictures with guest , marriage invitation cards etc
Besides this i personally took ielts from aeo .. Its not difficult at all
Next , it's better to get ur divorse register with nadra if u haven't done it yet they will issue u a letter of registration , get the tb test for ur wife done ..
And yes mention ur case in ur covering letter sign it and send it ur wife to attach with her application
I hope it will help u

Annonymous

Post by Annonymous » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:56 am

Drsadafrizwan wrote:Well my case was quite similar to yours but I didn't inform Ukba about my divorce before submitting my visa application ... I submit my divorce and all other documents with the spouse visa application n Allhumdullilah I got it granted ... Jus make sure u include every document that proves your marriage to b real n not subsisting ... Take screen shot of all your skype history , emails that u exchanged, call history , watsapp , viber , pictures of u two together , wedding pictures with guest , marriage invitation cards etc
Besides this i personally took ielts from aeo .. Its not difficult at all
Next , it's better to get ur divorse register with nadra if u haven't done it yet they will issue u a letter of registration , get the tb test for ur wife done ..
And yes mention ur case in ur covering letter sign it and send it ur wife to attach with her application
I hope it will help u
Hi Drsadafrizwan

Many Many Many thanks for your extremely kind reply and informative reply to my post.

Thanks to Almighty Allah that atleast I've found one person who has gone through the same experience and shared his/her experience with me on the board.

Well I am extremely worried I did have informed the UKBA regarding my divorce but I haven't recieved any acknowledgement from UKBA till yet.

Many thanks for your extemely help full guidelines regarding the English test I am from Karachi, Pakistan will you please kindly tell where you've given your IELTS test I heard that there's another test called A1.

Drsadafrizwan
Newly Registered

Post by Drsadafrizwan » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:35 am

Well I myself took ielts from aeo n I dont know anything about A1 test ...

Annonymous

Post by Annonymous » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:24 pm

Drsadafrizwan wrote:Well I myself took ielts from aeo n I dont know anything about A1 test ...
Hi

Many thanks for your prompt reply again.

What's aeo can you please tell me.

One more important thing I would like to ask from you is that how can I be able to get my divorce registered with Nadra and how can I be able to get that certificate of Divorce registration from Nadra.

As I explained to you earlier that I am from Karachi, Pakistan so if you know any thing about Karachi that would be great with regards to the Divorce registration with Nadra and the things like that.

Annonymous

Post by Annonymous » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:15 pm

Hi

Just wanted to update you guys that I've recieved an acknowledgement from the UKBA regarding my divorce, but its not a computer written letter it just says the name of the person who has recieved it in the UKBA.

Will it be acceptable when I'll apply for my new wifes visa.

Many thanks and waiting for your use ful replies.