ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General and SOC Code urgent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

apar08
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General and SOC Code urgent

Post by apar08 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:12 am

Hi Friends,

I am under PSW visa which expires in Dec 2012. I am working in a company for past 1 year under senior logistics admin role and they are ready to sponsor me visa . Recently they have planned to promote me as logistics manager. Please let me know what kind SOC code will be suitable.

Recently I contacted a solicitor and he advised me "After checking all the provided documents thoroughly , as you have asked to provide code for occupation. Your occupation is not in short occupancy list so you don't need to apply through short occupancy list. In addition, your current designation as a "Senior Logistic Administrator" is suffice to qualify 30 points for Tier 2."

As per my knowledege I have apply through shortage occupancy list.

please do advise me on this... Urgent

Thank You

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:56 pm

It is your sponsor's (not your) responsibility to determine the job SOC code and appropriate salary. In determining the SOC code it is not the job title that matters but the job description and the best fit has to be chosen.

See Section J:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

The shortage occupation list is here but it has little significance as a RLMT would not be required in your case. However, if ther job is in the shortage occupation list the min. salary is listed :
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... tnov11.pdf

apar08
Newly Registered

Post by apar08 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:16 pm

Hi, Thank you very much for the information....it was very helpful

maxoizs

Post by maxoizs » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:28 pm

so what happen with you, any good ?