ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

after how long my baby can get irish passport.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rainnerman1
Newly Registered

after how long my baby can get irish passport.

Post by rainnerman1 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:29 pm

my wife she is a polish living in ireland more over 5 years.

but in this time she runaway to poland for some time.

she living 2 years contantly now in ireland, someone said to her, the baby can get only irish passport if her at least 3 years contantly in ireland that is a true?

the baby are born and register here in ireland.

where i can get more informations?

thanks.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:07 pm

Under the provisions of the Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act 2004, children born of certain foreign national parents on or after 1 January 2005 are not automatically entitled to Irish citizenship.

Foreign national parents of children born in the island of Ireland on or after 1 January 2005 must prove that they have a genuine link to Ireland. This will be evidenced by their having 3 out of the previous 4 years reckonable residence in the island of Ireland immediately before the birth of the child. On proof of a genuine link to Ireland their child will be entitled to Irish citizenship and can apply for a certificate of nationality.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/mo ... scent.html

if your wife cannot provide evidence of residence in ireland for the 3 out of 4 last years before the birth of your child, then your child is not entitled to irish citizenship.

However, if you child was born in ireland and resides in ireland for 5 years, the child can apply for naturalisation and get irish citizenship that way.