ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success, Liverpool PEO, More than 90 days single absence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abheerao
Newly Registered

ILR Success, Liverpool PEO, More than 90 days single absence

Post by abheerao » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:35 pm

Hi all,

I am one of the readers of this forum and I have been using information here to very good use in my own application so I thought I would share my experience for other similar cases.

I had an appointment in the Liverpool PEO for ILR on the 15th Nov 2012 on the basis of 5 years work permit. However, in the 5th year, I had been posted abroad continuously for 110 days. this meant I violated both the 90 day single absence and the 180 days in 5 years guidelines for calculating continuous residence. However I had the necessary paperwork from my employer stating that this was a business critical posting and I was a fully paid employee of the UK branch of the company in this period.

I called UKBA 2 weeks ago and explained my case. they said it might be rejected if I go to the PEO as they only deal with straightforward cases and asked me to apply by post which meant a delay of months.

I decided to take a risk and went in for my PEO appointment. They looked at my case and asked me to return at 15.00 in the afternoon (my appointment was 12.00) by which time a senior case officer had reviewed it and granted me ILR.

They also explained that in absences over 90 days, they look to see an appropriate explanation from the employer, payslips and statements showing salary, tax, NI still being paid in the UK, bank statements showing connections in the UK (mortgages, bills).

I had all of the above and it was in the end quite a pain free experience. I hope this information is helpful to those who are similar cases as mine.

I used the template found on this forum for employer letter and everything else as stated above.
Last edited by abheerao on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:41 pm

Congrats - am sure some of us in this situation will take solace from your case.

Kind regards
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

- Vince Lombardi

nikimmi10
Newly Registered

ILR Success, Liverpool PEO, More than 90 days single absenc

Post by nikimmi10 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:40 pm

Congtas Abheee. I am applying for the ILR on 12th December under 5 years work permit. Could you please let me know the documents CW asked specifically.Do we need 12months payslips and statement or 3 months are worth.How about cohab documents.Appreciate if you please reply.

Thanks,

pure desire

Post by pure desire » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:46 am

congrats ...

Can you plz share ur whole experience and what documents asked by the case worker ???

abheerao
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Success, Liverpool PEO, More than 90 days single abs

Post by abheerao » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:37 pm

nikimmi10 wrote:Congtas Abheee. I am applying for the ILR on 12th December under 5 years work permit. Could you please let me know the documents CW asked specifically.Do we need 12months payslips and statement or 3 months are worth.How about cohab documents.Appreciate if you please reply.

Thanks,
Hi nikimmi10,

I do not know about cohab documents but I took only the latest payslip and bank statement as I am WP holder. the rules may be different to Tier1/2 holders.

I also took payslips and UK utilities, bills, council tax etc for the period i was living abroad as I was still paying bills here.

I also took a letter from my employer stating my travel was 'business critical'

Hope this helps

MARCH

WORK PERMIT APPROVAL LETTER

Post by MARCH » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:13 pm

I am a work permit holder and will be applying ILR shortly.
Did they ask/check for the original work permit approval letter when deciding your application as i have lost it?

Do you have any idea what i need to do to avoid trouble/ rejection in this case? What would you suggest?

Would it be ok if i dont have orignal wp approval letter but having p60 for last four years which was issude by the same employer and a letter showing my soc code, salary etc from employer?

Your reply will be highly appriciated.

Regards,.....

Gagan1986

Re: WORK PERMIT APPROVAL LETTER

Post by Gagan1986 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:15 pm

MARCH wrote:I am a work permit holder and will be applying ILR shortly.
Did they ask/check for the original work permit approval letter when deciding your application as i have lost it?

Do you have any idea what i need to do to avoid trouble/ rejection in this case? What would you suggest?

Would it be ok if i dont have orignal wp approval letter but having p60 for last four years which was issude by the same employer and a letter showing my soc code, salary etc from employer?

Your reply will be highly appriciated.

Regards,.....
That is absolutely fine. Kindly stop posting on every post