ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 1 dependant visa for wife from India,husband unemployed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

randomid007
Newly Registered

tier 1 dependant visa for wife from India,husband unemployed

Post by randomid007 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:41 pm

Hi there,

I am applying for my wife's dependant tier 1 visa under the general category from India. My main issue is that I am currently not employed and I am living in the UK. In the visa application form "vaf10" under section 7, for questions 7.14, 7.16-7.19 they need my employment details. As I am currently not employed what do I do. I have the required maintenance funds. What do you suggest in this case? Any clarification in this regard will be very much appreciated.

thanks.

santhoap

Post by santhoap » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:17 pm

As per rule, they should give you visa. But practically CW may need to check your financial status in UK.

randomid007
Newly Registered

some clarification

Post by randomid007 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:12 am

Hi santhoap,

Thank you for your reply. You mean the case worker would have to look at my financial status. As in they would ask for more documents. If I had something like 15-20k pounds would that be okay?

thanks.

wins7031

Post by wins7031 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:08 pm

Hi randomid,

I was exactly in the same position as yourself two months ago. Dont worry about it. As long as you have the funds required, your wife's application should be fine.

However as a tip, it would be good to include your most recent payslips for a year and self attest your passport copy & BRP copy

All the best