ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Route to independent employer and settlement

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shail_144329
Newly Registered

Route to independent employer and settlement

Post by shail_144329 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:01 pm

Hi All,

I would like to take your opinion on my current circumstances and my planning described below.

# I am currently on Tier 2 ICT issued before Apr '10 and will now be completing three years soon.

# I would like to change my job within UK as my project/contract may soon end, after which my employer might ask me to go back.

# With my skill set, I doubt that I will get a new sponsor who is ready to conduct RMLT to issue me a Unrestricted COS.

# Keeping above in mind, I am planning to apply for Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa (50 K) route.

My question:

I can arrange 50K in my account for a week or so, based on which I want to apply. After this I may have to return this money back to my friends :?

I will be using this visa to get a permanent IT Job/Contract in UK and once I complete my shortfall of two years for Settlement, I will apply for it and hopefully get it.
I do not have any business plan as if now which I think is not required while applying.

Does it all look feasible? What are the issues that I may face?

Cheers.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:11 pm

Feasible, if you are ready to wait for 5 years from the date of issue of Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrant to be eligible for settlement.
See table 6.

No one can speculate about the problems that you may enter over a 5 year period (e.g. - no one can predict if your business investment will be profitable or loss making).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:47 pm

I am pretty sure you need £200k unless you are switching from Tier1 PSW. The other £50k route is where the money has to be provided by a seed fund etc, not a friend.

There would also be a restriction on your employment. See paragraph 245DC(iii)

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... es/part6a/

(iii) no employment other than working for the business(es) the applicant has established, joined or taken over,

shail_144329
Newly Registered

Post by shail_144329 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:55 pm

Thanks a lot for your responses.
I am trying to find out ways to complete next two years somehow and as per the comment it does not seem to be an option.