ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will my fiancé be allowed into the UK?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

moogle333
Newly Registered

Will my fiancé be allowed into the UK?

Post by moogle333 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:15 pm

Hello everybody this is my first post here so sorry if i'm asking a question that has been answered a million times.

Here is my story; I will try to keep it short and to the point.

I am engaged to a South African woman who is also 6 weeks pregnant with my child. I am currently in the UK and she is in South Africa staying
with her parents. I am British with a full UK passport and she is south
African with a SA passport. We started seeing each other around 6 months ago, while she was on a working visa in the uk. we lived together in my house for 5 months

I want her to come to the UK as quickly as possible because I don't
want to miss any of the pregnancy or have our baby born in SA, so time
is of the essence.

We recently went to South Africa for a holiday but she was not allowed back into the UK on holiday because immigration said that they did not believe that she would come back to SA and that she needed a visa.

What visa does she need? I was told that it would be unlikely that she
would get a visitors visa because she has already had a failed appeal
to stay in the UK this year (after it failed and she went back to SA.
She was trying to get a civil partnership visa with her ex but could
not prove that they where together for long enough)

As we are engaged it would not be a problem for me to travel to SA for
us to get married, i do truley want to get married im not just doing it to get her into the country, if we do get married can she still be refused entry
or a visa?

I have my own house and a £24K per year job that I have had for over 5 years.

She has got 2 open job offers when she gets to the UK as well.

Any advice would be appreciated

Let me know if you need any more info.

I think I need to fill out a VAF2 form what advise can you give me about filling it out and what supporting documents i should provide. many freinds have said that they would like to be character witnesses if that helps.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:34 pm

She needs to apply for a fiancée visa. You have correctly realised that a form VAF2 needs to be completed. It will assist if you have a read of the INF4 Guidance Notes, which do actually have a section dealing with fiancé(e)s, irrespective of the title!

The fiancée visa will have validity of 6 months, and the expectation is that the marriage will happen in the UK during that 6 month period.
John