ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa extension on grounds of joining the Army

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gameyoor
Newly Registered

Visa extension on grounds of joining the Army

Post by gameyoor » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:11 am

Hello everyone, I am from a commonwealth Country. I came to the UK with a student visa, during which I decided to join the UK Army. Although I have finished the masters programme for which I came for, I am unable to complete my Army application due to insufficient stay on my visa. I passed pre- ADSC training, but to go for my final ADSC training I need at least 6 months on my visa of which I have just 3 months left. I was to told by my recruitor to go extend my visa before I will be booked to go for the final ADSC training. Please guys I need your help on this especially what forms to fill and what documents to provided and also if I have any chance of getting the extension. Thanks

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:16 pm

Hi,

You need to provide more information for people to help out.

You should refer to http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/ to see what type of visa you may qualify for and apply accordingly.

Kind Regards

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Re: Visa extension on grounds of joining the Army

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:19 pm

gameyoor wrote:Hello everyone, I am from a commonwealth Country. I came to the UK with a student visa, during which I decided to join the UK Army. Although I have finished the masters programme for which I came for, I am unable to complete my Army application due to insufficient stay on my visa. I passed pre- ADSC training, but to go for my final ADSC training I need at least 6 months on my visa of which I have just 3 months left. I was to told by my recruitor to go extend my visa before I will be booked to go for the final ADSC training. Please guys I need your help on this especially what forms to fill and what documents to provided and also if I have any chance of getting the extension. Thanks
Read this
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... chapter15/

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:12 am

PaperPusher wrote:
gameyoor wrote:Hello everyone, I am from a commonwealth Country. I came to the UK with a student visa, during which I decided to join the UK Army. Although I have finished the masters programme for which I came for, I am unable to complete my Army application due to insufficient stay on my visa. I passed pre- ADSC training, but to go for my final ADSC training I need at least 6 months on my visa of which I have just 3 months left. I was to told by my recruitor to go extend my visa before I will be booked to go for the final ADSC training. Please guys I need your help on this especially what forms to fill and what documents to provided and also if I have any chance of getting the extension. Thanks
Read this
Irrelevant. The guy is not IN the Armed Forces. He wants to BE in it.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:39 am

wpilr_nov12 wrote:
PaperPusher wrote:
Read this
Irrelevant. The guy is not IN the Armed Forces. He wants to BE in it.
I wouldn't say it is entirely irrelevant. If the OP opens section 1 of the document linked by PaperP and goes to part 3 "After Entry" he will find this paragraph:-

Delayed enlistment. There may be circumstances where the receiving unit only runs one or two basic training courses per year and the enlistment date is therefore delayed. Where evidence of this is supplied, a period of 6 months’ leave code 3 may be granted outside the Immigration Rules to cover the period up to the enlistment date provided.

Surely that will cover his situation.

Edit:- Gameyoor, if you are currently on student conditions and have any sort of employment, be very careful if you are granted an extension on "Code 3", which is visitor conditions and prohibits employment. It would be a pity if you were nicked during the 3 months final training and got thrown out for working in breach.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:08 am

The army should be being more helpful. There are lots of commonwealth citizens in the forces.