ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success | Croydon | SET(O) with 2 dependants

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier_2_applicant

ILR Success | Croydon | SET(O) with 2 dependants

Post by tier_2_applicant » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:31 am

ILR Success | Croydon | SET(O) with 2 Dependants

Hello All,

My ILR has been approved at Croydon PEO. A big ‘Thank You!’ to everyone on this forum.

It was a straightforward case – 1.5 years on Work Permit and 3.5 years on Tier 1. I applied 28 days before the fifth anniversary of visa stamping (I had arrived 31 days after my visa got stamped).
I was advised on this forum that since I changed visa category from Work Permit to Tier 1, I will not be able to take advantage of the 3 month rule. However I dropped a mail to UK BA and they confirmed my understanding. I took a print out of this mail with me – just in case my case was rejected, I could have at least reasoned that the fee should be refunded as I received wrong advice from UK BA.

The appointment was at 1:40 on 8th Nov and we reached the PEO by 12:30. We are allowed in and were put through the normal process – form was checked to confirm that we were using the latest version, payment was taken, passports were checked and fingerprints were taken.

Then we were directed to the case worker. The case worker took all the documents and checked the past earnings page from the SET(O) form. As my earnings comprised of salary and dividends, she asked me if I was self employed. I said, “No, I am an employee of my own company and I am applying as an employed person”. She was not really convinced. She asked if I had a profit and loss statement for my company – I said no. She asked if I have proof of payment of NI – I said no, my salary is below the NI contribution limit. She asked if I had anything from before I switched to Tier 1 – I said I had P60s and a letter from HMRC (both of which I had already handed over to her). I said I have the Work Permit and salary slips as well. She took the Work Permit and asked me to wait. She started going through all the documents and I could tell that she was not very convinced with the proofs of earnings/employment (I had submitted accountant letter, dividend vouchers, salary slips and personal bank statements).

After around 15 minutes she went over to a senior case worker and showed the proofs of earnings to her. The two went over the documents one by one and then the senior case worker pulled out a manual. They went through it and then the case worker returned to her desk. She then quickly went through other documents (cohabitation, marriage certificate, my daughter’s birth certificate etc.) and then packed everything in a folder and kept it away.

I approached her and inquired about the progress and if she wanted anymore documents. She said everything is fine and that she is waiting for the outcome of the biometrics. She asked me to wait and said that my wife and daughter can go home if they want to. We waited till 4:45 and were informed that the biometrics machine is down and so we will have to come back again for biometrics. We were given Friday’s appointment and were given a letter confirming that they have retained our documents.

On Friday we got our fingerprints/photos taken and within an hour we were given a letter confirming the grant of ILR.

I had provided the following documents (with relevant photocopies):
SET(O) form
Passports and biometric cards
Photographs
LiUK certificates
Proof of earnings – as mentioned above
P60 for four years
HMRC letter (as one of the P60s was missing)
Cohab documents
Spreadsheet of absences (122 absences)

(I had another folder containing a variety of documents related to limited company (invoices, contracts, share certificate, VAT receipts, remittance documents, business bank account statements etc.), past salary slips, old personal bank statements etc.)

Once again a big thanks to everyone on this forum. Do let me know if you need any information.

MARCH

WORK PERMIT APPROVAL LETTER

Post by MARCH » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:09 pm

I am a work permit holder and will be applying ILR shortly.
Did they ask/check for the original work permit approval letter when deciding your application as i have lost it?

Do you have any idea what i need to do to avoid trouble/ rejection in this case? What would you suggest?

Would it be ok if i dont have orignal wp approval letter but having p60 for last four years which was issude by the same employer and a letter showing my soc code, salary etc from employer?

Your reply will be highly appriciated.

Regards,.....