ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN form - Father's town/country of birth

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jcisco

AN form - Father's town/country of birth

Post by jcisco » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:29 pm

Hi,

I am about to apply for Naturalisation on the basis of 5 years HSMP + 1 year ILR. I am not sure what do I need to write in 1.24 Your father's town and country of birth.

My father is an Indian national. However he was born in Karachi (which is in Pakistan right now) in 1946 before the partition of India. So should I just write "Karachi, Pakistan" or "Karachi, India (Before partition)".

Thanks in advance.

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Re: AN form - Father's town/country of birth

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:47 pm

jcisco wrote:My father is an Indian national. However he was born in Karachi (which is in Pakistan right now) in 1946 before the partition of India. So should I just write "Karachi, Pakistan" or "Karachi, India (Before partition)".
Both are correct and should work fine. I would probably use the latter, or even extend to: "Karachi (formerly India, today Pakistan)" to avoid any ambiguity and confusion, but it does not make a big difference anyway. Also see this thread.