ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expedite request and Local MP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arnie365

Expedite request and Local MP

Post by arnie365 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:46 am

Hi folks-
There are quite a lot of discussions floating around about expediting of application processing by faxing, writing letters to UKBA and even approaching through local MP. Based on my personal experience all these have led to me receiving a polite "No" and a sympathy letter plus an application withdrawal form from UKBA. I do not agree that UKBA has time to validate a family(my own) member’s death certificate, medical certificate, or whatever we submit to explain our personal need to expedite the application process and get our passports back. They have a stock, readymade letter- "Sorry, here is your application withdrawal form for you to sign, otherwise wait".

As for approaching a local MP, who may happen to be the Cabinet Home Secretary; why should their office bearers spend time to expedite my case and work against the SLA given by UKBA? Their assistance eventually leads to the same step towards the application withdrawal form.

People who have got their application "expedited" may just have got the passports back in the standard processing period and are trying to co-relate it the "letter/fax" they have sent to UKBA or their local MP. Plus, what is the percentage of such lucky applicants against thousands of others?
The above has given me and my family a lot of false hope.

Or, am I entirely wrong here?

scorpion123

Re: Expedite request and Local MP

Post by scorpion123 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:34 pm

arnie365 wrote:
Based on my personal experience all these have led to me receiving a polite "No" and a sympathy letter plus an application withdrawal form from UKBA.
Has UKBA not mentioned in withdrawal form that application will still be consider on priority basis but will be withdrawn only (of course if you sign the form and return it) if case worker cannot make a decision on info provided/held on file?

santhoap

Post by santhoap » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:33 pm

I believe UKBA will expedite the case based on few scenarios where we need to prove them with proper proofs and it is in their site. Because if everyone try to expedite for silly reasons like planned travels, etc, then they will be happy to make you to withdraw the application.I believe we applicants should need patience to wait. Because of their delay, be aware that your legal working period in UK is extended that means you indirectly get back your visa fee by getting your salaries in UK ;) . Hope this helps.

arnie365

Re: Expedite request and Local MP

Post by arnie365 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:34 pm

scorpion123 wrote:
Has UKBA not mentioned in withdrawal form that application will still be consider on priority basis but will be withdrawn only (of course if you sign the form and return it) if case worker cannot make a decision on info provided/held on file?
Yes, true. But after paying so much of visa fees, why should I give them any chance to reject my application just because royal mail dog-teared my bank statements or the case worker dropped mayonaise on them. The case worker rather get back to me and get fresh documents, which is not possible if I take the withdrawal form route.

Keffy
Newly Registered

PLEASE HELP APPEAL WITHDRAWN WHAT NEXT

Post by Keffy » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:26 pm

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS ENQUIRY:

I made application with my family under FLR(O) to UKBA on 2nd Nov 2012, were refused leave on 25th March 2014. Appealed and the date for appeal was 10th June, 2014 but on 4th June 2014 we got a letter of withdrawal from HO.

We got a letter from HO through our lawyer that we have submitted further evidence....that the immigration decision is being been withdrawn so that they can reconsider the new evidence. That a new decision will be made and notified to us in due course.

Please does any one know what next to do and also the time frame with which this will take. Will UKBA require additional evidence and is this the standard withdrawal letter from the UKBA?

Thank you in advance