ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

european travel

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Btoddw2
Newly Registered

european travel

Post by Btoddw2 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:04 pm

first off i just would like to say hello to everyone and kind of introduce myself. My name is Ben and im a 19 year old college student here in the USA.

my question is... I have been seriously thinking of moving to europe for a few years to work and travel. I really would just like to learn more about different cultures and i think it would be a good learning experience and help make me a more "round" person in general. Is this a difficult or rigorous proscess? Id like to travel to countries like the netherlands, France, and Germany to work and live during this time. These are my main intrests, but im open to change. exactly what would i have to obtain to be allowed to travel and work as well?

any help would be great.
thanks, Ben

johnsienk
BANNED

Post by johnsienk » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:05 pm

<original post deleted>
Last edited by johnsienk on Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Btoddw2
Newly Registered

Post by Btoddw2 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:31 am

interesting... thanks for the reply and help. ill deffenatly be looking into the abroad schooling possibility

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:07 pm

Questions:
  • What citizenship do you have?
    What have you studied?
    Where are your parents and grandparents from and what citizenships do (or did) they have? (see http://www.multiplecitizenship.com/)
You might want to talk with the career advisory office at your college who may know of opportunities for moving to europe. One possibility is an organization like http://www.iaeste.org/ which arranges bilateral exchanges supported by the appropriate visa. Talk also with the person who organizes international exchange programs at your college (if there is one).