ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR queries - section 6 and combination of leave

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

ILR queries - section 6 and combination of leave

Post by rshelar » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:32 pm

Hi,

I will be applying for ILR very soon. History

Student Visa + old work permit + Tier 1 General current

In section 6 immigration history, one of the question is -

1.) When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based

Will this be the date I entered UK first time on Student Visa, the date I got my work permit or the date I got my Tier 1 General ?

2.) Since I was previously on work permit, do I need to prove or show anything different for the time I was on work permit ? Am I correct in just treating this as another Tier 1 Extension.

Thanks in advance.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:40 pm

1) The date you got your WP EC. This will be in your passport visa vignette.
2) Your PBS assessment will be done just as you would have done another Tier 1 G extension, but be aware that there are other aspects to your ILR application as detailed in the SET(O) form & guidance.

For the time period on your WP, you should have your WP & P60 available in the event the CW asks for it. See Section 11L in the SET(O) form - For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rshelar » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:17 pm

Thanks for your reply.

For the WP, I got the WP approval first and then got the FLR after 3 months. All of my applications have been incountry.

I assume that it is the date I got FLR that I should count fro and not the date I got the WP approval. Can you confirm ?

This is the old work permit and not Tier 2.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:15 am

rshelar wrote:Thanks for your reply.

For the WP, I got the WP approval first and then got the FLR after 3 months. All of my applications have been incountry.

I assume that it is the date I got FLR that I should count fro and not the date I got the WP approval. Can you confirm ?

This is the old work permit and not Tier 2.
Yes it is the date that you switched to your WP & not the WP approval date.