ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in getting Sponsorship Licenses

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Delhi_Bhoy
Mood:
Scotland

Delay in getting Sponsorship Licenses

Post by Delhi_Bhoy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:17 pm

Greetings for the day.

My PSW Visa is going to expire in February 2013

My employer applied for sponsorship license 4 weeks ago and have just been notified that there is enormous backlog of applications and there can be delay in getting sponsorship license.

In case my employer can not get the sponsorship license before my visa expiry date, what options I am left with? Is there any interm license number which is available?

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Re: Delay in getting Sponsorship Licenses

Post by hashmil » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:20 pm

Delhi_Bhoy wrote:Greetings for the day.

My PSW Visa is going to expire in February 2013

My employer applied for sponsorship license 4 weeks ago and have just been notified that there is enormous backlog of applications and there can be delay in getting sponsorship license.

In case my employer can not get the sponsorship license before my visa expiry date, what options I am left with? Is there any interm license number which is available?
There is already a thread discussing the delays, and solutions for it. http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=101222

Delhi_Bhoy
Mood:
Scotland

Post by Delhi_Bhoy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:55 pm

Thanks for the reply. Sorry but I can not find a definite word on the interm status of my stay in UK if the employer's license application is delayed due to processing time of home office. Am I going to get any tentative license number or a letter from employer supporting my application?

Would appreciate some response.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:06 pm

there is no such thing as a "tentative licence number"

Two weeks before your visa expires, and if there is still no sponsor licence, ask your employer to send a request for urgent treatment to UKBA explaining the reason and enclosing a copy of your visa.

Check that when applying for their licence the employer also requested a CoS allocation for you.

Delhi_Bhoy
Mood:
Scotland

Post by Delhi_Bhoy » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:18 pm

Hi Manci,

Thanks for the reply. Has anyone requested for the urgent treatment before and that request was accepted in due time?

kkhan007
Newly Registered

Post by kkhan007 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:02 pm

my visa expired on 15-Nov and we send all my detail to border agency 15 days before visa expires as they suggested because we didn't get licence till 1-Nov-2012.

they gone through application and reject sponsor on 17-Nov and said make these changes in your application and submit ASAP we will look your application straight away.

we resubmit application on 20-Nov and emailed them to ask confirmation and they replied they 've received everything on 21-Nov.

Today we phoned them as they promise in their email they will look our application straight away, the lady on the other side said you make your application without licence.

So I am confuse, shall I make application without licence?
OR
As one of the UKBA advisor said over phone that you can make application within next 28 days of your visa expires.

Don't know where I am right now?

Anyone give me some suggestion please