ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How does hubby apply for EUTR visa?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ltb86
Newly Registered

How does hubby apply for EUTR visa?

Post by ltb86 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:16 pm

Hi all,

I am just wondering, how does my hubby (non EU national) apply for an EUTR visa? According to the INIS website, there is no seperate form for an EUTR visa, you just have to select either short stay/long stay and the reason for travel. I have just looked at the INIS list of visas that were either granted/refused and for whatever reasons, and a lot of visas have been refused simply because they entered the wrong category. So my question is, what does my hubby need to select in these two instances? We will be (we hope!) travelling to Ireland together, no technically speaking he is not 'joining' me, so what do we put?

Edit: Also, i have just seen in another post that a forum member contacted Solvit when their visa app (also to join EU spouse) was refused, so if our visa is refused, how can we contact solvit? Also, are they likely to refuse on the same day we apply, or will they contact us in writing a few weeks later? I am just wondering because the embassy is not close to where my hubby lives, we have to travel by plane etc and it will cost a lot of money if we have to go several times to the embassy to get this resolved.

Thanks again

Thanks in advance

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:20 pm

Processing will definately take some time. You will not get the answer on the same day that's for sure. It can take a few days or weeks.
Under EUTR it doesn't matter on what visa your hubbie enters the country. So I am guessing you can apply for short stay visa first. And then once you are in ireland, if you, the EU citizen, is exercising your EU Treaty Rights, you husband can extend his permission to stay then.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:21 pm

also ask maybe there is a possibility for you and your hubbie to submit all the documents by post / courier service. that way you would avoid having to fly to the embassy twice.