ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing employer after getting ILR (hopefully)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gimineykricket
Newly Registered

Changing employer after getting ILR (hopefully)

Post by gimineykricket » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:08 pm

I am currently in the UK with a work permit that is due to end and so will be applying for ILR in the next few weeks.

After I get it (thinking positively here) am I still restricted to work for the employer who spondered me on my work permit, or can i change employers without limitation?

My reading of the guidance that i can have no employment apart from my sponser or unless there is a permissable change. I take this to mean that I will still have to make applications to change employers even after I have gotten ILR.

Am I correct please?

If i do go through an application process, is it is long as getting a visa type app;ication, or since i already have ILR is it easier?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:15 pm

You assumption is not correct. After getting ILR, you are free from all restrictions and can work for anyone without informing Home Office. You can even work as self employed.

gimineykricket
Newly Registered

Post by gimineykricket » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:38 pm

Brilliant. Thank you

firangi

Post by firangi » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:52 pm

i am on work permit too (and frustrated that i cant change employer), so wi wd advice u to go for PEO (same day) application, so that once you a free bird (onILR) you can change employment