ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time line of UKBA for approving assigned COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ram_123
Newly Registered

Time line of UKBA for approving assigned COS

Post by Ram_123 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:17 pm

Hello,
UKBA allocated COS to my company and today my HR has assigned one COS to me. Can anyone please tell me what is the usual time line to approve the assigned COS?
Thanks in advance.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:51 am

you can apply for your visa or leave to remain now, don't have to wait for anything.

Ram_123
Newly Registered

Post by Ram_123 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:07 pm

Thanks for your reply Mansi
To be clear, I will explain you what exactly was told by my HR
Two months before, my HR said they had applied for more COS allocation.
Last week my HR said that UKBA has given a notice that my company has got two COS available and yesterday I got reply from HR saying that she has put my details into SMS to assign the unrestricted COS which takes around 10 working days to approve.
My question is:
1) what is the timeline to approve the assigned unrestricted COS? is it 10 days or any further delays?

Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:33 pm

Normally, if the necessary documents have been presented to the company, the CoS is allocated immediately using the SMS. The migrant can then make his/her application straight away.

If there are special circumstance the company may request UKBA to carry out a verification of the migrant's status. Details are here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... /ecsstep3/

Or, the company may ask a third party to check the details that it intends to put into the CoS.

These check would take place before the CoS is actually assigned.

Only HR can tell you what they mean by "approval of the CoS".

Ram_123
Newly Registered

SOC code and Job title

Post by Ram_123 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:12 am

Hi
The closest SOC code for my job is 2122 (Mechanical Engineer) and the related job titles in code practice list UKBA are Automobile Engineer etc
I works for Automobile company but the actual job title of my work is Design Engineer.
So my question is:
Which job title should I mention in the Certificate of sponsorship, whether DESIGN ENGINEER or AUTOMOBILE ENGINEER(to match UKBA job title given in code list)?
Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:35 am

it is for HR (not for you) to determine the SOC code and job description to put in the CoS.

karthiktr

Post by karthiktr » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:16 pm

manci wrote:it is for HR (not for you) to determine the SOC code and job description to put in the CoS.
Hi manci,
Do you got any idea about Priority Postal Service. If so can we make the application in priority postal service even in 28 days period. the 28 day period i mean after the PSW visa got expired...Please suggest me.
many thanks

Ram_123
Newly Registered

SOC code and Job title

Post by Ram_123 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:13 am

Hi Mansi,

Thanks for your reply. My company is very new to this process, so they asked me to provide with exact SOC code and Job title which is most related to my current job title.
So my question is:
whether the job title on COS should be same as the one in your SOC code job title list? The SOC code list has it's own job titles, so I wonder whether we should mention the job title as it is on SOC code list or our actual job title for which we have been recruited initially?
I believe, the best way is to keep the Job title as shown in the SOC code list and provide actual job description in summary.
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

manci
Respected Guru

Re: SOC code and Job title

Post by manci » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:12 am

Ram_123 wrote:Hi Mansi,

Thanks for your reply. My company is very new to this process, so they asked me to provide with exact SOC code and Job title which is most related to my current job title.
So my question is:
whether the job title on COS should be same as the one in your SOC code job title list? The SOC code list has it's own job titles, so I wonder whether we should mention the job title as it is on SOC code list or our actual job title for which we have been recruited initially?
I believe, the best way is to keep the Job title as shown in the SOC code list and provide actual job description in summary. what is important is that your actual job is good fit with what is in the job description for the particular SOC code. The job title is less important and needn't be exactly the same.
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Ram_123
Newly Registered

SOC

Post by Ram_123 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:02 pm

Hi Mansi,

Thanks for your help. I am going with job description while choosing SOC code and I am still bit confused over SOC codes and hope you can assist me.
From code practice list from UKBA, My job is most related to SOC 2122.
I have checked the ''coding index of job titles on the Office for National Statistics website'' and I have found my exact job title is in SOC 2122 (That is fine)
Again I have checked, shortage occupation list on UKBA website and found my exact job title in SOC 2129 but not in SOC 2122.
Now the confusion is:
1) I would like to mention my job under SOC 2122 as job description is most related and job title comes in SOC 2122 but cannot say it is in shortage occupation list as per SOC 2122.
But my job title is mentioned as shortage occupation list under SOC 2129. Now even though I am not using SOC 2129, can I tick yes in COS to confirm that my job is shortage occupation list ? (I am not sure why it is added into SOC 2129 even though the job title given in SOC 2122 on Office for National Statistics website )
Please suggest
Thanks for your help

Ann22

Post by Ann22 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:26 pm

Oh guys...i'm totally confused now
The more I reas the worse
Is unrestricted COS unlimited?

Ram_123
Newly Registered

COS

Post by Ram_123 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:07 pm

Hi
Thanks for your help guys. Finally got the COS reference number.
Now while making Tier 2 application,

should I provide salary slips as a proof to support COS?

manci
Respected Guru

Re: SOC

Post by manci » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:48 pm

Ram_123 wrote:Hi Mansi,

Thanks for your help. I am going with job description while choosing SOC code and I am still bit confused over SOC codes and hope you can assist me.
From code practice list from UKBA, My job is most related to SOC 2122.
I have checked the ''coding index of job titles on the Office for National Statistics website'' and I have found my exact job title is in SOC 2122 (That is fine)
Again I have checked, shortage occupation list on UKBA website and found my exact job title in SOC 2129 but not in SOC 2122.
Now the confusion is:
1) I would like to mention my job under SOC 2122 as job description is most related and job title comes in SOC 2122 but cannot say it is in shortage occupation list as per SOC 2122.
But my job title is mentioned as shortage occupation list under SOC 2129. Now even though I am not using SOC 2129, can I tick yes in COS to confirm that my job is shortage occupation list ? (I am not sure why it is added into SOC 2129 even though the job title given in SOC 2122 on Office for National Statistics website )
Please suggest if you are a mechanical engineer working in the automotive sector your job does not seem to be a shortage occupation under SOC code 2129.
Thanks for your help

Ram_123
Newly Registered

SOC

Post by Ram_123 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:10 pm

Thanks Mansi
yes you are right. I have confirmed with my HR and the SOC 2122 is the exact code.
Now I have got the COS reference number and going to apply for Tier 2 very soon.
could you please tell me what other documents required from company? Should I need to send the payslips as a proof of salary?

Thanks again.

Ram_123
Newly Registered

COS

Post by Ram_123 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:23 pm

HI Mansi,
Sorry for asking the questions which has been already answered in many post.
Now I had a look at other posts and we need not provide any pay slips as COS is the proof of everything.

thanks