ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which Comprehensive Sickness Insurance for EEA2 ?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raensnuer
Newly Registered

Which Comprehensive Sickness Insurance for EEA2 ?

Post by raensnuer » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:56 am

I am an EU citizen studying at a UKuniversity (Filling Section 8 on EEA2 Form).
My Non-EEA Husband and I are about to apply for RC here in the UK.

As I don't want to use my EHICard as proof for comprehensive health insurance I need a private one.

My problem with that is, there a so many different ones and I don't know which one to choose as cover and price vary so much even if they all called comprehensive...

Does anybody have any experiences with this and could tell me which insurance you used? Or what I should keep in mind when choosing one.

Thanks a lot

ravii

Post by ravii » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:45 pm

Health on line
Best regards

raensnuer
Newly Registered

Post by raensnuer » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:35 pm

unfortunately they say their service is not usable for visa applications even if I am not the one applying...

ravii

Post by ravii » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:08 pm

Bupa...axa.etc etc no company will give you insurance for visa purpose,and no one can give you a money back guarantee if your visa refused.because all private health insurance companies are for private health care,not for ukba..So what you want?private health insurance which covers in majority of circumstances,so this is written on health on line insurance documents.
Best regards

ravii

Post by ravii » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:20 pm

OR Bupa ducoments are more clear.because it says comprehensive sickness insurance.
Best regards

ravii

Post by ravii » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:58 pm

Let you explain more clear....utility bills,bank statements,marriage certificates,pay slips,p 60,p 45.etc etc are common requirements in all visa applications but non of them are solely for visa purposes.bills proof that you are living and using gas,water etc etc,bank statements showing that you are earning/saving,spending money,marriage certificate proofs that you are a married person,pay slip is a proof that you are working and paying tax etc etc.So private health insurance means that you are not burden on NHS and your health is covered by private health insurance companies.UKBA is not a retailer of any above mentioned products.
Best regards