ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about sponsors for child dependant visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

markworton
Newly Registered

Question about sponsors for child dependant visa

Post by markworton » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:42 pm

Quick question.

I am a british citizen and earn £30,000 per annum.

My wife is in the UK on a spouse visa. She arrived on Feb 25th 2012 and has been employed since April 21st 2012. She earns around £10,000 per annum

We are going to apply for her 2 children non EEC to settle here too.

Q1. Can my wife be a sponsor for the 2 children?
Q2. If not, would i be able to sponsor the 2 children?
Q3. Can we combine and sponsor as a pair?

Is it all about how much money you earn? As they are not biologically my children (they are hers from a previous marriage) am I able to sponsor them if she can not?

I have read nowhere that someone on a current spouse visa cannot be a sponsor.

Many thanks.

samestory

Post by samestory » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:45 pm

Hi,

Yes, you can sponsor your step-children. I think there is a declaration you will have to make that you (sponsor) will cater for them while they are here. You and your wife (combined employment) resources both count and qualify to have 2 children here so long as you (sponsor) do not have your own biological children here in the UK who you are also responsible for. If you do have your own children, you have to work the math out. If not, you only need to show approximately £25k. I think your case is good.