ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Income threshold

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

allovera
Newly Registered

ILR - Income threshold

Post by allovera » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:55 am

Hi,

I am a British citizen and my husband is here in the UK on a spouse visa, due to expire March 2013.

We are looking to apply for his ILR soon and have just started researching for this. With regards to the new rule for £18,600 earnings is this related to both me and my spouse's earnings combined together or just mine?

I earn only £14,500 per year, and my husband is earning £14,000 per year. Combined we make this, but ofcourse alone I fall way short. We have worked hard to save £12,000 over the last couple of years in order to get the ILR but now it seems that this will not even be counted - is this right?

I have only just found out about the new financial rule as I gave birth to our first daughter in June this year and have only just got back to doing things again (we had a hard time).

I am wondering if the income of £18,600 is for my salary only then we shouldn't even bother applying and save ourselves a lot of money. Then we need to think about where we can live.

Please help. Getting very stressed about it all.

Thanks in advance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:36 pm

The new rules do not apply to your spouse. As long as you two earn enough to maintain yourselves without recourse to public funds, there is nothing to worry about.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

allovera
Newly Registered

Post by allovera » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:57 pm

Thank you so much for your reply. We've been going out of our minds with worry.