ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Separated n on benefit

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kaybom
Newly Registered

Separated n on benefit

Post by Kaybom » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:24 pm

Hi am in desperate need of advice. My hubby is a BC but we r separated n live in different addresses and I lost my job last nov so iv been on benefit for about 5 months. I qualify to apply under the 3 year route but am confused pls do I stand a good chance?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:24 pm

Hi,

I had the same situation, my BC spouse and I have been separated since April 2012 and live at different addresses. I applied in October on 3 year BC spouse basis and received my approval letter after 6 weeks.

There is no income requirement for naturalisation applications as you are entitled to claim benefits if you have indefinite leave to remain.

You will need your BC spouse passport to apply for naturalisation.

Hope that helps, shout if you need anything else.

Char

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:37 pm

CR001 wrote:You will need your BC spouse passport to apply for naturalisation.
Or his UK birth certificate (if born in the UK) which sometimes would be easier to get (as you can order a copy from GRO).

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:39 pm

Sorry, yes Jambo, forgot to mention that option.

Also, Kaybom, the requirement is to still be married, separated is acceptable, but hopefully divorce proceedings have not started as that might complicate your application.

Thanks

Char

Kaybom
Newly Registered

Thank u

Post by Kaybom » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:31 pm

Thank u guys for d quick response. I was just wondering on d form do I say am married or legally separated tho we haven't signed any documents for d separation (2) what to I state in d good character section as I have no job? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:32 pm

Legally separated is when you get separated through the court. If you haven't done that then you select 'married'.

You don't have to be employed for naturalisation. you can put unemployed.