ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can the spouse of a settled person pay home fees

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lillypeters
Newly Registered

Can the spouse of a settled person pay home fees

Post by lillypeters » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:50 pm

Hi, please can anyone let me know if my sister who is married to a settled person can pay home fees.

SHe joined her husband in the uk about 6 months ago and is applying for a masters degree course. They are not sure if she can pay the home fees or international fees.

Thanks all.

bluecole2
- thin ice -

Post by bluecole2 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:58 pm

I suppose the institution can give you the answer to your question.

Why don't you get in-touch with them and explain your situation. That's what I have done recently myself and perhaps you may have to apply and submit further information in other for them to assess the situation and should be able to state what fees applies.

Thandia

Re: Can the spouse of a settled person pay home fees

Post by Thandia » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:26 pm

lillypeters wrote:Hi, please can anyone let me know if my sister who is married to a settled person can pay home fees.

SHe joined her husband in the uk about 6 months ago and is applying for a masters degree course. They are not sure if she can pay the home fees or international fees.

Thanks all.
I agree with bluecole. However, most institutions require that you have a 3 year residency period in order to pay home fees. This includes residency in the EU. However, the institution is best placed to tell her what fees they'll be charging her.

lillypeters
Newly Registered

Post by lillypeters » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:23 pm

Thanks for the comments, i guess she has to ask the university first. Though having read some of the ucas guidelines it is a bit confusing.

Weeladyred
Newly Registered

Post by Weeladyred » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:49 pm

All institutions for higher education are required to follow the guidelines given on the following:

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/student/fees_s ... upport.php

Like a previous poster stated, they will look at your residency within the last 3 years as well as the type of visa you are on. If there is any kind of question then you will be sent a Questionnaire to complete with evidence so they can make an accurate assessment.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:00 pm

lillypeters, after just six months in the UK, the answer is bound to be .... no!

Overseas Fees payable. She might want to wait until she has been in the UK for at least three years.
John