ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

discretionary leave on medical grounds

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jshafi
Newly Registered

discretionary leave on medical grounds

Post by jshafi » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:00 am

Hello All,

I will really appreciate some help with my situation please. I am on tier 4 student visa, expiring April 30 2013. I am about to submit my PhD thesis for viva. My son (born in UK) got really sick last year and ended up staying in the hospital for around 6 months. He eventually came back home with tracheostomy and require 24/7 Spam. He also needs to be seen by speech therapist, physio regularly. We were expecting him to be decannulated( trachy taken off) in November but he has a floppy airway. This means he has to have the tracheostomy on and requires all the care for a year more and may end up requiring a surgery. We would like to stay in UK and receive all the medical care. I think there may be some medical facilities back in Pakistan but not as advanced as my son is receiving here. Most of my doctors' friends in Pakistan suggested to stay in UK till my son gets well. My son's consultant offered to give me a letter that will help to apply for the visa on medical ground. I am wondering if this make a good case to apply for discretionary leave on medical grounds. Any help will be really appreciated.
Thank you

walex
Newly Registered

Try it

Post by walex » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:54 pm

You could try it. Never say never. You have a different situation. They might be compasionate with you on this ground. Best of luck with your application.

jshafi
Newly Registered

Post by jshafi » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:37 pm

Thank you for your reply. I could extend my student visa for few months. How risky is it to go with medical grounds though ?
Last edited by jshafi on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jshafi
Newly Registered

Post by jshafi » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:52 pm

Any expert opinion please?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:15 pm

See also Extending your stay based on medical grounds and Human rights claims on medical grounds

Whether parent(s) will be allowed to extend their stay under the provisions will depend on the merits of the claim.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!