ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tunay

Passport Application

Post by Tunay » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:01 pm

I received Naturalization certificate for my child this week but i intend to apply for the passport next year

Question: Will there be any problem if i apply for passport in November 2013?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:07 pm

No. If you wish, you can even never apply for a passport.

(he will of course need some travel documents if he travel outside the UK although this doesn't necessarily need to be a British passport).

Tunay

Post by Tunay » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:13 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Can he travel outside the UK with his ILR and return to UK with his ILR though he has been nationalized but without passport?
Jambo wrote:No. If you wish, you can even never apply for a passport.

(he will of course need some travel documents if he travel outside the UK although this doesn't necessarily need to be a British passport).

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:33 pm

Strictly speaking no as the ILR becomes invalid once he is a BC. In practice, the IO can't stop a UK citizen entering the country (even with an invalid ILR).

A child pasport takes 1-2 weeks and cost £50. If there are plans to travel, just apply for a passport.

BTW - if you wish not to apply for a passport because of dual nationality issues, then it wont really work as the important date is the registration date and not the passport issue date.

Tunay

Post by Tunay » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:04 pm

Thanks for the brilliant advice

Can a ACCA part qualified person countersign passport appplication? That is Part qualified chartered account

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:22 pm

Tunay wrote:Thanks for the brilliant advice

Can a ACCA part qualified person countersign passport appplication? That is Part qualified chartered account
I don't think there is such thing as part chartered. You either (fully) chartered (and can countersign) or not.

aledeniz
United Kingdom

Post by aledeniz » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:20 pm

Jambo wrote:BTW - if you wish not to apply for a passport because of dual nationality issues, then it wont really work as the important date is the registration date and not the passport issue date.
Tunay sounds a Turkish name, under the hypothesis that the kid is a Turkish citizen, there shouldn't be issues with double citizenships (at least from the TC side).

Actually the Turkish citizenship is pretty sticky, especially for males.
Last time I checked, if you are over 18 and haven't performed your military service you must have a pretty good excuse to renounce (although they will hopefully let you go if you get a citizenship of a country who doesn't allow double ones), as the TC is pretty strict on their conscription duty, I routinely read stories of 40-50 something guys from US or Australia with a Turkish parent and possibly even unaware of their Turkish citizenship who cannot renounce that, neither travel or get caught travelling in Turkey.