ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension - What should i do

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mrs Khan

Extension - What should i do

Post by Mrs Khan » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:37 pm

Hi
Changes in extension criteria is blow to me becoz my current visa is expiring in end of Jan07. I initially got one year EC, i got a job on temp basis last month, permanent offer is based on getting my extension. Pay is not very good.

What should i do
I am 30
did master from Pak equavalent to UK bachlor
i cant claim any point for income in uk.
What shall i do; shall i go back to my country back where i kicked my promising career.
Would it be possible for HSMP main applicant and dependent to switch over to student visa in UK.
I would appreciate suggestion and advice.
Thanks

innocent
Newly Registered

Post by innocent » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:07 pm

Mrs Khan,
i think just wait for few days,trust on God. About 95% HSMP holders are affected with new changes.We are trying our best to save all HSMP community.Pleas all HSMP holders join us :-
HSMP2006@yahoogroups.com
http://hsmp.blogspot.com/
Help us and help yourself.

rella

Post by rella » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:09 pm

Apply for your extension. If you are refused, appeal based on the grounds of the lawsuit being prepared by our fighting HSMP family. EVERYONE should apply for their extension, even if they can't get the points. Cover yourself, so if the rules are reversed, you are in a situation to stay on.

You will be legal, as long as you apply before your leave expires. You have the right of appeal.

Edited to say that you can switch to a student visa if you get accepted into a programme and can meet the student visa requirements.