ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Criminality Confusion

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

papu.sarkari
Newly Registered

Criminality Confusion

Post by papu.sarkari » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:29 pm

Hi Guys,

I know that this question has been asked thousand time but I still have bit of confusion and your answers would really help me.

I am going for my ILR @ Glasgow on 5th December (next Wednesday) with 5 years Work Permit.

I had got my visa stamp on 31- 12-2007.

Now the real issue.

Back in 2007 summer, I was caught travelling without ticket ( to be frank I had an expired pass and forgot to renew it).

Anyways I was caught and they took my details. I had no idea what was going to happen.

In the meantime I got a job in manchester and I moved there. Now After 2 years in 2010 I received a letter for debt collectors that I need to pay up for this incident. I had immediately paid up after that letter.

To confirm exactly what had happened, I applied for basic check at Disclosure Scotland. I found that back in 19/11/2007 I was convicted in court without my presence that I was travelling with out tickets.

Basically when I go next week for ILR @ glasgow it will be more than 5 years since the court order but I am still worried that it might come up on their system.

Can you guys please advise if I should disclose this? though I think it is a spent conviction?

smoothturbo

Post by smoothturbo » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:01 am

UKBA can only refuse if you have a unspent conviction, so if the 5 years is up then u do not need to worry.

papu.sarkari
Newly Registered

Post by papu.sarkari » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:23 am

Thanks for the reply. Do you think I should still declare it?

rushabhjvora

Post by rushabhjvora » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:18 pm

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/c ... d_question

Refer to the above link. My case is similar to yours, my case went to court on 17th Nov 2007 and I got my ILR on 21st Nov 2012. I did not declare it as suggested by UKBA case worker in the above link and 5 years were over under rehabitation of offender act.
I hope this helps.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:59 pm

Reading the last post in this topic will also be useful.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!