ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payment declined

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bc_sid
Newly Registered

Payment declined

Post by bc_sid » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:02 am

I have applied on 12th of November through NCS. Application was received on 13th. They tried to take payment on 15th but my bank has declined the payment sighting it as fraud. I have not received any acknowlegment or any other letter from them. Phone number given on letter given by NCS is not answered.Should I be worried or is it a normal thing. Is there any way to pay them considering that I don't have any reference. Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,
Sid

trs2011
- thin ice -

Re: Payment declined

Post by trs2011 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:52 pm

bc_sid wrote:I have applied on 12th of November through NCS. Application was received on 13th. They tried to take payment on 15th but my bank has declined the payment sighting it as fraud. I have not received any acknowlegment or any other letter from them. Phone number given on letter given by NCS is not answered.Should I be worried or is it a normal thing. Is there any way to pay them considering that I don't have any reference. Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,
Sid
You can't just be sitting and expecting things to change , if you stay like this , the next thing you will see on your doorstep is the return of your application as rejected for non payment , and from my knowledge , they expect you to make your payment within 14 days of payment declined meaning the deadline is 29/11/2012 . Why don't you call your bank and clarify it , then call UKBA and make a payment over the phone , period . Many people don't get to receive the acknowledgement letter on time , so start some action before its too late .

bc_sid
Newly Registered

Post by bc_sid » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:24 pm

Thanks for your reply. I totally agree with what you are saying. Do you know which number to call for the payment. Plus I don't have reference number will that be a issue?

trs2011
- thin ice -

Post by trs2011 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:00 pm

bc_sid wrote:Thanks for your reply. I totally agree with what you are saying. Do you know which number to call for the payment. Plus I don't have reference number will that be a issue?
Call the UKBA on 01516725626 , ignore the voice thingy just press option 2 and then 2 again to speak to an operator . After that tell him that you haven't received your acknowledgement and everything about the declined payment , they will check using your name , D.O.B , nationality etc , then if you have been entered on their system , you will then be transferred to the payment line and yo can make the payment straight away using debit/credit card .

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:22 pm

bc_sid wrote:my bank has declined the payment sighting it as fraud. I have not received any acknowlegment or any other letter from them. Phone number given on letter given by NCS is not answered.Should I be worried or is it a normal thing. Is there any way to pay them considering that I don't have any reference. Any help is much appreciated.
Banks usually block payments that are "out of character" for security reasons. For example, if you never made a financial transaction with someone outside Europe or even outside the UK, they will block any payment that suddenly goes to a far-off land. Likewise, if you never made a payment larger than £100, your bank will block the naturalisation fee, as £851 would be very unusually and out of character. The best way to avoid this is to call your bank beforehand to inform them about the impending transfer. You should definitely do that before calling HO again and attempting a new transfer, as in all likelihood it would just be blocked again.

bc_sid
Newly Registered

Post by bc_sid » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:20 pm

I have called them today and paid the amount over the phone. Thanks all for your help much appreciated.

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:54 pm

Gyfrinachgar wrote:The best way to avoid this is to call your bank beforehand to inform them about the impending transfer.
This is what I did when I applied.