ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal Process - please advise - solicitor not helping

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hellokittyhannah

Appeal Process - please advise - solicitor not helping

Post by hellokittyhannah » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:26 am

My husband's spouse visa was refused and we are currently going through the appeal process. However the process has so far been nothing but a nightmare as our solicitor has been anything but helpful.
Our appeal was lodged a few weeks ago (by my solicitor) and he has set all originals documents to the Court. As far as I am aware you are supposed to send only photocopies. There were a few documents missing as so the visa was refused so we obtained these documents and sent the appeal. However I have read on the appeal guidance that you should send only photocopies but my solicitor insists that as we are looking to get the ECM to overturn the decision without the need to go to Court then it's normal practice to send original documents.

Can someone clarify this - is this really normal practice? I am extremey worried at this stage.

kash_hash

Post by kash_hash » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:47 am

can you tell us what documents were missing? refusel reason?