ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application SET(O) form, Section 11L confusion.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

savvy_000

ILR application SET(O) form, Section 11L confusion.

Post by savvy_000 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:29 pm

Hello Members,

this question is for all those who have recently applied for ILR and may be on the same boat as me. I will be applying for ILR under 5 yr contnous stay, HSMP (Jan 2008) 2years + Tier 1 Gen 3 years.( jan 2010 - jan 2013)

The section 11L on the application form:
11L. Tier 1 (General) migrant If you are applying for indefinite leave to remain on completing 5 years’ continuous stay in the UK made up of leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant and leave as a highly skilled migrant, work permit holder, innovator, self-employed lawyer or writer, composer or artist, in addition to the relevant documents in 11A, you must provide the following documents:

Evidence specified in section 9A of this form

For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Now as many of you will suggests its safe to send 5 yrs p60 or employment history, but my position is such that I do not wish to send my p60 for first year on HSMP due to reason I do not want to furnish here. ( you can assume it as inconsistencies in employment).

So how many of you have been sucessful in getting ILR by just sending in 4 yrs of p60 plus 5 yrs bank statements etc plus the usual docs for scoring points. Even helpful if you had got your initial HSMP doing an in country switch from student visa?

On this post here looking at a reply from Sushdmehta:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... b777f61835
1. If you entered UK for the very first time as a PBS migrant (HSMP from Dec 2006 to 2008, or Tier 1 (General) threafter) and are now applying for settlement after completing 5 years of qualifying residential period as a PBS migrant, then the question is not applicable to you - because you were never were granted any other leave before this.
2. Post Nov. 2006 until it was formally termed Tier 1 (General) in 2008, all HSMP migrants who applied for approval during the said period are considered Tier 1 (General) migrants for all purposes including settlement.

I would really appreciate if Sushdmehta and any other moderators confirm that I do not have to send in any docs previous to my Tier 1 extension in 2010.

I have been trying to get an appt online but havent been sucessful, so may be sending them via post. I think there are so many us trying to book after 12 am that UKBA booking site just crashes and timesout.

savvy_000

Post by savvy_000 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:49 pm

any feedback please anyone?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: ILR application SET(O) form, Section 11L confusion.

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:25 pm

savvy_000 wrote:On this post here looking at a reply from Sushdmehta:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... b777f61835
1. If you entered UK for the very first time as a PBS migrant (HSMP from Dec 2006 to 2008, or Tier 1 (General) threafter) and are now applying for settlement after completing 5 years of qualifying residential period as a PBS migrant, then the question is not applicable to you - because you were never were granted any other leave before this.
2. Post Nov. 2006 until it was formally termed Tier 1 (General) in 2008, all HSMP migrants who applied for approval during the said period are considered Tier 1 (General) migrants for all purposes including settlement.

I would really appreciate if Sushdmehta and any other moderators confirm that I do not have to send in any docs previous to my Tier 1 extension in 2010.

I have been trying to get an appt online but havent been sucessful, so may be sending them via post. I think there are so many us trying to book after 12 am that UKBA booking site just crashes and timesout.
So long as you are flexible on the PEO location another suggestion here would be to also try searching for appointments in the morning. I've noticed that there have been appointments available when searching between 10-11am. I booked an appointment for Jan 10th at around 10.15am today & there were around 10 appointment slots available at the time.

Regarding your question on previous doc's, as you have not switched immigration categories during your 5 year residence period, that will not apply to you.

savvy_000

Post by savvy_000 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:33 pm

thanks cs95tdg for confirming, still havent managed to get an appt