ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT ADVICE NEEDED..ILR..NO VISA, AMSTERDAM FLIGHT FRIDAY

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nimson70
Newly Registered

URGENT ADVICE NEEDED..ILR..NO VISA, AMSTERDAM FLIGHT FRIDAY

Post by nimson70 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:43 pm

Aplogies i have posted this in another subject, not sure what one i should of posted in.... Hi I have no idea if I have posted this in the right place, forgive if I have not...... Myself and two other couples are travelling to Amsterdam on Friday.... Here is the problem.... My friends husband is Tunisian..... He has indefinite leave to remain in the UK.... My friend is born in the UK.... They are married..... He did not realise that he still needed a visa and as soon as he found out applied...... He has just been turned down.... We think it is because he only has two month left remaining on his passport..... My question is one of desperation........ If he tries to fly with us to Amsterdam how likely is it that he won't get through border control..... Does it make a difference that he is married to a UK citizen? Should they take any ID re marriage etc...... Somebody did say that DIRECTIVE 2004/38/EC may apply in this case.... We are all so upset...... We don't want to leave anybody behind...

nimson70
Newly Registered

Post by nimson70 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:14 pm

Looks like there's no hope then.........

Ted

Post by Ted » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:36 am

nimson70, the way Im reading this is:

A person needs a visa to enter a country.
That person can not obtain a visa for reasons unknown.
The country to where this person needed a visa to travel have border control.
At border control they will check every person for the correct documentation.
Crossing borders without correct documentation is not an option.
You may even be stopped from boarding your vessel by ticketing.
Why not talk to the ticketing company for advice.

alekos

Post by alekos » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:02 am

If flying from the UK, he is unlikely to get past the airline staff. But if you took the train, you'd meet the Schengen officers in London, so you shouldn't have a problem if travelling with the UK citizen and the marriage certificate.
Thank you everyone in this forum.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:54 pm

alekos wrote:If flying from the UK, he is unlikely to get past the airline staff. But if you took the train, you'd meet the Schengen officers in London, so you shouldn't have a problem if travelling with the UK citizen and the marriage certificate.
I agree.

http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/08 ... to-travel/ would apply to him. Very important to carry the marriage certificate.

He should also have not been refused the visa. That was actually against the law. If you can not make the flight, you should ask for compensation from the embassy.