ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stolen Indian Passport with ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sindy123
Newly Registered

Stolen Indian Passport with ILR

Post by sindy123 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:12 pm

Hi all,

I had travelled to France last week and had my passport stolen at a train station. I came to the UK in 2005 and had my ILR stamped on my passport in June 2011.In France a Police complaint has been filed and an Indian passport valid for 2 years was provided at the Paris indian embassy. Now I am back in the UK and would like to know what the procedure is to get my ILR back on the new passport.When I came to the UK and had my ILR there was no NTL card or biometric card or I've had any biometrics done. What forms should I fill to get my ILR back on my new passport. Also I was thinking of applying for my british citizen as it is now 71/2 years. Will I be able to directly apply for citizenship by surrendering my new passport provided at France and by providing copies of all the HSMP stamps I had on my old passport including ILR.

Please advise. Really confused if I should go for british citizen as my son's passport is british.

Thanks
Sindy

sindy123
Newly Registered

Re:Urgent- Stolen Indian Passport with ILR

Post by sindy123 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:37 am

sindy123 wrote:Hi all,

I had travelled to France last week and had my passport stolen at a train station. I came to the UK in 2005 and had my ILR stamped on my passport in June 2011.In France a Police complaint has been filed and an Indian passport valid for 2 years was provided at the Paris indian embassy. Now I am back in the UK and would like to know what the procedure is to get my ILR back on the new passport.When I came to the UK and had my ILR there was no NTL card or biometric card or I've had any biometrics done. What forms should I fill to get my ILR back on my new passport. Also I was thinking of applying for my british citizen as it is now 71/2 years. Will I be able to directly apply for citizenship by surrendering my new passport provided at France and by providing copies of all the HSMP stamps I had on my old passport including ILR.

Please advise. Really confused if I should go for british citizen as my son's passport is british.

Thanks
Sindy
Can someone pls advise on this.

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:33 pm

If you meet the requirements i would go for naturalization .The requirements are here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... uirements/.

ILR is no longer endorsed on the passport you will have to apply for NTL http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... -passport/.

sindy123
Newly Registered

Post by sindy123 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:35 pm

Thanks peppekalle. One question on natrualisation. I had taken life in UK test in India back in 2005. The certificate states it is valid for 2 years only. Should I do the life in Uk test again here and then apply for naturalisation. Where can I apply, is there a premium service and what are the processing times?

Many thanks for your response.

Regards
Sindy

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:06 pm

sindy123 wrote:I had taken life in UK test in India back in 2005. The certificate states it is valid for 2 years only. Should I do the life in Uk test again here and then apply for naturalisation. Where can I apply, is there a premium service and what are the processing times?
Are you sure that it was the Life In the UK test that you took in India? As far as I'm aware this test can only be taken in the UK, i.e. there are no overseas test centres. Was it by any chance a English Language test that you took before?

The LITUK website to book tests is given below:
http://lifeintheuktest.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/

sindy123
Newly Registered

Post by sindy123 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:07 pm

Yes, I remember it is an english language test.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:12 pm

In that case you will need to take the LITUK test, as it is indepedent to that. You can use the URL given before to book your test.

Preparation info can be found under: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=107512

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:12 pm

LITUK is not an English language test and is not available anywhere outside the UK.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

man4uni

Post by man4uni » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:43 pm

Sindy you need to give the LIUK test again and proceed for your Naturalization (if applicable). Or the best bet would be ring UKBA and explain your situation.

uarena10
Newly Registered

Re:Urgent- Stolen Indian Passport with ILR

Post by uarena10 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:27 pm

sindy123 wrote:
sindy123 wrote:Hi all,

Thanks
Sindy

Can someone pls advise on this.

Hi

June 2011 - ILR
May 2012 - u should be eligible for British citizenship from this time.

Have you retained the letter that accompanied the ILR stamp on passport which confirms that ILR has been granted. With this, you could request for a stamp on your passport or at NCS, show this and get it approved as equivalent to your passport ILR stamp. Once they approve it, it is equivalent to having shown your original passport.

SelenaHelp
Newly Registered

Re: Stolen Indian Passport with ILR

Post by SelenaHelp » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:15 pm

Hi Sindy,

I need your advice urgently. We have had our passport stolen in Switzerland ( on the day we suppose to return to UK) and will go to Indian embassy on Monday now ( as office is closed).

We had passport with ILR, I've had ILR since 2004 and have been working and living in UK.

I wanted to ask you, If we get the 6 month temporary Indian passport ( that's what seems to be available here ), will we be able to come back to UK from Switzerland with that?

How did u manage to come to UK from Paris with your Indian replacement passport? Did you have any temporary ILR visa on your replacment passport?

Please help, we are so much mess.. wallet stolen.. and just abt managed to get ourselves a hotel.

Thanks