ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language requirement - FLR(M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shaaskul
Newly Registered

English Language requirement - FLR(M)

Post by shaaskul » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:06 pm

I am planning to apply FLR(M) for my wife 2nd week of Jan-2013 as a dependent of ILR settled person

1. She has got the final degree certificate which shows her name, degree, university, course duration and completed date - From India
2. Apart from this she has got a Transfer Certificate (TC) with University logo / seal / signed - In that it states the medium of instruction is English

Do you think the above two would be good enough - By the way its normal Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering (4 year course) which is recognised in the NARIC database

Or do we need to get a separate NARIC letter - Again there are some confusing threads - Some says it the comparability letter (As naric does not certify anything less than C1 Level) and some say its the english language assessment from NARIC

Thanks
Shasi

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:15 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

z18runway

Re: English Language requirement - FLR(M)

Post by z18runway » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:33 pm

shaaskul wrote:I am planning to apply FLR(M) for my wife 2nd week of Jan-2013 as a dependent of ILR settled person

1. She has got the final degree certificate which shows her name, degree, university, course duration and completed date - From India
2. Apart from this she has got a Transfer Certificate (TC) with University logo / seal / signed - In that it states the medium of instruction is English

Do you think the above two would be good enough - By the way its normal Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering (4 year course) which is recognised in the NARIC database

Or do we need to get a separate NARIC letter - Again there are some confusing threads - Some says it the comparability letter (As naric does not certify anything less than C1 Level) and some say its the english language assessment from NARIC

Thanks
Shasi
I did naric for english language assessment for my wife, and confuse with their long 2 page letter, then realise UKNARIC id no longer use for my wife, then she went for english test, which was 6 min exam, decided previous day, booked for the test for the next day, paid £80 trinity college(approved english test centre), passed with distinction, certificate will be posted in 7-10 working days.

so better go for English test, and don't rely on UKNARIC letter.