ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

28 day rule confirmation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

t0mmy

28 day rule confirmation

Post by t0mmy » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:03 am

Hi Guys,

A quick confirmation.

I got a company sponsored workpermit on Jan 24 2008(passport stamped). I was already in UK.
I switched to Tier 1 general in September 2008. Since then I have had 1 extension and currently valid till sept 2013.
Does switching from work permit to tier 1 affects the 28 day rule in any way. Can I apply for ILR like on 28 Dec?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:54 am

No
Yes
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

t0mmy

Post by t0mmy » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:27 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.
I have booked an appointment for 31 Dec - hope there are no issues like staff shortages or it doesn't "snow" during that time :-). I read somewhere last year they had to cancel some appointments becoz of this.

I have another question:

I got a job in company A in April 2009. Later I came to know that company A and company B are part of a holding company : Company C.
For One year I was paid by company A , then paid by Company B for another year and a half. Now since few months I am getting paid by company A again.
My pay slips reflect this. Both company A and B are in the same address. I have got one extension based on company B payslips(at that time I was employed fully for the last 12 months by B).
Now What should I write in the earnings section. i.e. should I mention Company B and Company A as separate sources. I need to show last 12 months and so I have 10 months from company B and 2 months from company A. Should I get a letter from employer to clarify that A and B are part of same holding company. We get switched to different companies due to the nature of projects we are assigned as well as the obvious reason of tax which I have nothing to do with as my Tax and NI are all deducted as it should be.

Thanks

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:36 pm

t0mmy wrote: Should I get a letter from employer to clarify that A and B are part of same holding company. We get switched to different companies due to the nature of projects we are assigned as well as the obvious reason of tax which I have nothing to do with as my Tax and NI are all deducted as it should be.

Thanks
Best idea.My situation was same. My company ie whole group was sold to new ownner. Previous Public limited group name replaced by new private limited company group and pay slips generats from new group name. It looked like I have worked two company. I did request a letter from my HR explaining the fact why pay slips different name. Went well CW did not bothered at time of ILR application.

t0mmy

Post by t0mmy » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:09 am

Thanks for the reply.
Also what did you mentioned in the earnings section. did u show two different sources or 1 source.
I think I will show two sources as that what the payslips say and if possible have that letter to explain. Also would the letter unnecessarily complicate the issue? Or if I don't show the letter the case worker may wonder why two companies at the same address.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:38 pm

t0mmy wrote:Thanks for the reply.
Also what did you mentioned in the earnings section. did u show two different sources or 1 source.
I think I will show two sources as that what the payslips say and if possible have that letter to explain. Also would the letter unnecessarily complicate the issue? Or if I don't show the letter the case worker may wonder why two companies at the same address.
You have answered the question yourself.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:36 pm

t0mmy wrote:Thanks for the reply.
I showed one source and I got the letter mentioning three subject I am working here since xxxx, My position and why pay slips from two different sources. By the by why you hesitate about the issue. In fact you know your situation best.