ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kandasamy

Visitor visa

Post by kandasamy » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:40 pm

Hi all,

I am expecting a baby by the month of Feb and i am planning to bring my in laws to UK by Jan 2013 .

I am in tier1 visa from 2009 and my wife is on dependant visa .could any one guide me on the following questions

1.Which application for will be applicable for applying for the visa?
2.should i request my in law to apply under family visitor or general visitor?
3.As my father in law is a ex service man is it neesssary to get any letter/document from government of india

4. what are all the document that needs to be submitted?

Please help me on the above questions

Thanks
Kandasamy

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:26 am

1. See Family visitors.
2. They may apply as family visitor(s). But, if refused, they will not get a full right of appeal (FRA).
3. Given in the link above. See also visitors guidance.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

kandasamy

Post by kandasamy » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:17 am

HI

Thanks for your reply.
when I checked the family Vistors detail in UK Broader Agency site it has mentioned that

Additionally the family member you are visiting must :
[i]
be a British citizen;
be settled in the UK;
have been granted asylum in the UK; or
have Humanitarian Protection status.[/i]

I am not a British citizen and I am on Tier 1 visa, so I am doubt that whether I will come under settled in the UK section. hence I am having the doubt if in laws have to apply under family visitor or general visitor.

Thanks!

Regards
Kandasamy

asethi

New Rules

Post by asethi » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:52 pm

Hi, If you do not fall under any of the mention category
  • be a British citizen;
    be settled in the UK;
    have Humanitarian Protection status.
Then your in laws would need to apply for the General visitor visa and NOT family visitor. This is according to the latest rules.

rachsach

Post by rachsach » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:56 pm

kandasamy wrote:HI

Thanks for your reply.
when I checked the family Vistors detail in UK Broader Agency site it has mentioned that

Additionally the family member you are visiting must :

be a British citizen;
be settled in the UK;
have Humanitarian Protection status.

I am not a British citizen and I am on Tier 1 visa, so I am doubt that whether I will come under settled in the UK section. hence I am having the doubt if in laws have to apply under family visitor or general visitor.

Thanks!

Regards
Kandasamy
I believe you are right, if you are on Tier 1 visa then you can't sponsor your parents on family visitor visa. Few days back my parents went to VFS in Delhi with the application form completed for family visitor visa and there they were informed to refill form as general visitor. So they took next day appointment and went back to submit the application as general visitor. We are currently waiting for the decision.

Hope this helps

Thanks, Romi

kandasamy

Post by kandasamy » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:46 pm

Hi Romi

Thanks for your reply.

I will ask my in-law to fill the VAF!A General visitor Visa form.could you please share me the list of document submitted for our parents and also share e the sponsor letter format and Invitation letter format.

Thanks!

Regards
Kandasamy

rachsach

Post by rachsach » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:43 am

kandasamy wrote:Hi Romi

Thanks for your reply.

I will ask my in-law to fill the VAF!A General visitor Visa form.could you please share me the list of document submitted for our parents and also share e the sponsor letter format and Invitation letter format.

Thanks!

Regards
Kandasamy
From my end (sponsor), I have sent the following documents -

- Sponsor Letter (I have used the same format available in sticky but I did not include the declaration)
- Letter from employer confirming employment
- Last six months original payslips
- Last six months original saving account statements
- Copy of Tenancy Agreement
- Original Council Tax letter and one other utility bill
- Copies of my bio-data pages (front and last page) and Tier 1 General visa

My parents included the following documents -

- Covering Letter
- Completed application form with one photograph (2inchx 2 inch in size)
- Historical saving account statement showing balance of about Rs 5 lakhs (accumulated over the years - no recent deposite)
- Current account passbook covering last six months period showing his monthly salary
- No objection letter from employer (this is to say that they are coming to the UK to see us for a period of two months and employer has no issues with his holidays)
- Recent IT Return
- Original Land Registry with valuation of property
- Originial Fixed Deposite certificates

Thats is what they have submitted and currently waiting to hear the decision.

Hope this helps

Romi

kandasamy

Post by kandasamy » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:10 pm

Hi Romi,

Today I have submitted the Online application for general visitor visa for my father-in-law.
Do you have any idea how long it will take to process the Visitor visa.

Thanks!

Regards
Kandasamy

rachsach

Post by rachsach » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:49 pm

kandasamy wrote:Hi Romi,

Today I have submitted the Online application for general visitor visa for my father-in-law.

Thanks!

Regards
Kandasamy
We submitted the application on 26/11/12 and still waiting for the decision. My parents were told by VFS personnel that usually decision is made within 2 weeks but application may be delayed a little longer than normal.

Thanks
Romi

rachsach

Post by rachsach » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:04 pm

rachsach wrote:

Thanks!

Regards
Kandasamy
We submitted the application on 26/11/12 and still waiting for the decision. My parents were told by VFS personnel that usually decision is made within 2 weeks but application may be delayed a little longer than normal.

Thanks
Romi
Hey kandasamy

My Parents got the visa for 6 months.

Thanks
Romi

kandasamy

Post by kandasamy » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:13 pm

Hi Romi,

Congrats!!!

Please let me know how we can pay for the Visa, whether it can be in the form of cash,DD or cheque.

My father -in law got an appointment on 17-Dec-2012 at Chennai VFS office.

Thanks!

Regards
Kandasamy

rachsach

Post by rachsach » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:29 pm

Congrats!!!

Please let me know how we can pay for the Visa, whether it can be in the form of cash,DD or cheque.

Thanks!

Regards
Kandasamy
Thanks. My father paid for two by cash at the counter. I am not sure whether VFS accept DD or cheque. Visa fee is Rs 7,050 plus few hundred rupees that VFS charges for processing the application. I personally think cash or card payment is better than other mode of payment.

chagan

Post by chagan » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:04 am

rachsach wrote:

Congrats!!!

Thanks!

Regards
Kandasamy
Thanks. My father paid for two by cash at the counter. I am not sure whether VFS accept DD or cheque. Visa fee is Rs 7,050 plus few hundred rupees that VFS charges for processing the application. I personally think cash or card payment is better than other mode of payment.

Hi Romi,

I am in the same situation. I want to call my parents on Family visit visa as I have got ILR.
My only concern is I have 1 bedroom + Lounge + Spam flat. Would there be any issue with that as I am planning to accomodate them in lounge. They will be here for a month or so.

rachsach

Post by rachsach » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:03 am

chagan wrote:
rachsach wrote:

Congrats!!!

Thanks!

Regards
Kandasamy

Hi Romi,

I am in the same situation. I want to call my parents on Family visit visa as I have got ILR.
My only concern is I have 1 bedroom + Lounge + Spam flat. Would there be any issue with that as I am planning to accomodate them in lounge. They will be here for a month or so.