ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Points for Degree in English

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iqbalmurad
Newly Registered

Points for Degree in English

Post by iqbalmurad » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:17 pm

Hi all,

I requested my University to issue a letter stating my course was carried out in English. Instead what they gave after writing my degree name, dates, my name etc. that 'I can confirm that the University of Manchester is an English speaking university based in England.'

Will this work?

kinjiru

Post by kinjiru » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:48 pm

Ofourse it would have been safer to get the University of Manchester to issue you a letter as requested but...

I will be surprised if the reviewers cannot apply common sense in your case. I mean what will the degree in Manchester (UK I believe) have been conducted in, Swahili?

So I say go with it.....

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Points for Degree in English

Post by pantaiema » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:30 pm

what kind of degree ? fisrt degree (bachelor) or Master's degree ?
IF Mastyre's degree altouhg you gte letter from university, you still need to sit for IELTS.

Pantaiema
iqbalmurad wrote:Hi all,

I requested my University to issue a letter stating my course was carried out in English. Instead what they gave after writing my degree name, dates, my name etc. that 'I can confirm that the University of Manchester is an English speaking university based in England.'

Will this work?

hsmp.applicant2007

Post by hsmp.applicant2007 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:46 pm

I would agree with kinjiru..logically speaking the CW should accept the letter as it stands however, the case worker still could decide not to accept the letter as evidence of English on the mere technicality that the letter does not mention it! Its better to be safe than sorry, and therefore, either a proper letter or IELTS would be a safe and foolproof option.

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:45 am

First thing is..There are no points for English...It is extra mandatory requirement now...

If it is ur bachelors, u should get it, other wise appear for IELTS
Regards,

Pam Aujla

IndiaMr
Newly Registered

Sample Letter from the University

Post by IndiaMr » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:57 pm

Hi All,

Greetings

I joined the board recently and now posting my firstever post to the board. I am planning to file my initial HSMP application in the coming days.

Can anyone of the experienced members suggest me the format of the letter OR a sample of it , that need to obtain from the university which could be used as a sure shot proof stating that course undertaken by me was carried out in English.
I need it urgently as i am already in touch with university authorities and i need to tell the contents of the letter/certificate, otherwise i could end up in situation like one of the board member[iqbalmurad] posted on the board.

Many Thanks,
MrIndia

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:43 pm

Hi IndiaMr,

Required things r given in the Guidance notes...

There is nothing like format...Specify all required things...

Still any query, search the forum. u will find one, i mtself posted one
Regards,

Pam Aujla