ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application- Surrinder Route

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

EUspouse82

EEA2 Application- Surrinder Route

Post by EUspouse82 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:20 pm

Hi All,

Just a short background story

A friend of mine is the Non-EU national spouse of a British citizen, they have been been married for 4 years ( they have 3 children together) and have been resident in Ireland since January 2012. She currently has a 5 year EU residence in Ireland and recently got an EEA Family Permit to visit as she is planning to move to the UK with her husband permanently.

Her husband has been working for the last 8 months in Ireland and has proof of employment i.e. payslips, tax certificates etc.

What advise would you give in terms of applying for the EEA2 residence card once in the UK?

1. Do they need to provide proof of address in the UK?

2. They both have Job offers in the Uk and would be starting upon arrival, do they need to provide evidence of these in light of the Eind ruling?

3. My friend as the Non-EU National needs her passport to prove that she is eligible to work in the UK, would her EEA Family Permit be acceptable for things like applying for an NI nunmber, convincing her employer of her rights in the UK? If Not, how long does it the UKBA to provide documentation to acknowledge her rights in the UK?

4. Lastly, as they would just be moving to the Uk, they would need all their submitted documents back as soon as practicable, do folks have experience of how long it takes for documents to be returned?

I would appreciate your inputs.

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:36 pm

1. No.
2. No.
3. Yes. Also the CoA (Certificate of Application) would state her right to work. This nowadays is issued 1-2 weeks after applying.
4. 2-3 weeks in most cases for the return of passports. Other documents are returned when a decision is made (up to 6 months).

EUspouse82

Post by EUspouse82 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:54 pm

Jambo wrote:1. No.
2. No.
3. Yes. Also the CoA (Certificate of Application) would state her right to work. This nowadays is issued 1-2 weeks after applying.
4. 2-3 weeks in most cases for the return of passports. Other documents are returned when a decision is made (up to 6 months).
Many thanks for your reply Jambo.